More grizzles over A400 Grizzly

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by sunnoficarus, Jun 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Late, overweight, unreliable.....it seems to have been made just for the RAF!

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

it does have a ground attack capability though - according to tinman.

it is fcuking shambles as usual, why they dont get one company to come up with a working design and then farm the subcontracts out instead of this abortion is beyond me. it was supposed to be better and cheaper than the herc to escape US reliance but they would have been better just buying the license to built hercs.

and we allready know that it lacks the legs and speed of the c17 so why call the thing 'atlas' and its so expensive we will be leasing c130s every time they might have to go somewhere with aggressive organic ground fire or sending c17s anyway.

how they can justify this and yet cancel nimrod which was at least ready is beyond me.

3. Does showering the ground beneath you with engine parts and propeller blades really count as ground attack?

Ok, yes it does.

• Like Like x 2
  4. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

And hot boiling oils we've been doing that for a thousand years on and off!

5. We should still do that if you ask me. There's no defence against it, apart from one of those tiny comedy umbrellas.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Not to detract from the entirely fair points about the A400M and its woes, but the Torygraph strikes again:

Says the paper.

Berlin, ILA 2010: Scotch mist, presumably?

7. Were they?

SoF, I am shocked... why suggest buying more C-17s when they are very large beasts... really we need some new hercy birds.

8. Goes without saying. New C-130's and more C-17's as per the RAF's personal wish.

9. http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-89696.html

10. A load of nice airliners designed for AAR (including themselves), and transport for long haul,

c-17s for strat lift

C-130s for tac lift

and a load of chinooks, ospreys and black hawks... job jobbed.

11. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

12. And of course I didn't take this photo at RIAT (RAF Fairford) in July 2010 either...
    [​IMG]

13. HHH

HHH LE

Well, who did take it then?

14. Just thought I'd add a quick sub-clause to that for you!