More gratuatous violence

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by theslayerofmen, Sep 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. from the daily hate;

"A police chief has condemned the drinking culture among young people after a gang was convicted of brutally murdering a father of two in a drunken row over a taxi.
    The four - one woman and three men, who are all under 25 - battered Andrew Ayres, 50, to death using a mace, a knuckleduster and CS spray as he tried to take a cab home from a friend's birthday party".

Further on in the article....

"He said: "Before this tragedy you would not have thought that these four young people would have been capable of this level of violence.

"They had some convictions but were not out and out criminals. Some were from a working background and they were not people you would normally associate with such criminality"

Long and short is this....the level of violence was terrible, (the man's face was basically destroyed). If the opinion of a 'senior police officer' is as quoted above, god help us. When will people start to call a kettle a kettle. Or in this case a filthy chav murdering b*stard with a record, a filthy chav murdering b*stard with a record. I fail to see how drinking (however 'un sensibly') could equip these 'creatures' with the arsenal as described.

Is it me, or has the world gone mad?
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Despite going out armed with a mace?

What would the chap deem unacceptable.. a morningstar? a war-hammer?
  3. theslayerofmen's thread title:
    There fcuking will be alright if someone doesn't learn how to spell the word 'gratuitous' properly.
  4. I am staggered that the senior copper is still looking to find an excuse for them after the following was used to describe the crime: 'brutally murdering', 'drunken row', 'convictions', 'mace', 'knuckleduster', 'CS spray'. Old rant I know but fewer cops with MBA's and in depth knowledge of H&S courses and more cops out there!
  5. Not only is there a lack of spelling capability I think there's a lack of comprehension.
    The way I read the few lines that have been quoted the police officer is saying that he was surprised that these people , because of their past behaviour, commited the offence. I don't see where he says it's acceptable.
  6. what an absolute discgrace.

i repeat my call for the death penalty.....specifically for not these

and i agree with MadJack, too many coppers making too many excuses, not this particular copper, just too many in general

Severe punishments for the first offence.

Exceptional Punishments for crimes like these..

Grrrrrr :x

EDIT : not reading the article properly like a idiot.!
    EDIT 2 : GoodKurtz pointed out my Dyslexic Spelling......damn!! :eek:
  7. Sixty

The full article here. I'd argue that anyone going out armed as they were should not elicit surprise that their actions led to a violent death, previous good character or not.
  8. The operative word is "were"!
  9. Sixty

I'd refer you to my last mate. If one is not predisposed to violence one does not head out armed to the teeth of an evening (even me who couldn't fight sleep).
  10. stvwardy:
    And especially for those that can't spell the word severe.

(Is this thread a forum for dyslexic discipline fetishists or something?)
  11. The problem with the death penalty is while it may rid society of scum like this it doesn't cause them any suffering only their friends and relatives left behind.

I think building several Alkatraz type prisons in this country and ensuring that every prisoner (read cnut) who is imprisoned there is made to realise they have lost all of their human rights by doing what they've done!
  12. Cheeky bleeder pushed in and got what he deserved. Coffin dodger.
  13. A Mace - seriously?!? Whatever next - varlets and ragamuffins armed with halberds and lances wandering the streets....

Has some Rap/RnB person made a medieval video?
  14. maybe a "tent city" akin to the one in america {cant be bothered to find out where at the moment} would be a interesting idea....

a remote...freezing cold...scottish island..filled with scum.....

good place to target missiles at...preferably nuclear tipped ones?

i did advocate lopping their hands or legs off, but someone thought it was too much like sharia law.....still...i think it would be a deterrent...

mug a pensioner...lose a leg....not really worth it.
  15. I'm so indignant that I just raped my cat; mind you, he snuck into the country on board a 30 tonner from Albania so he deserved it according to The Daily Mail, the barstard rabid european quadruped.