• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

More government waste - £2 Billion to 'climate aid'

Another excuse to rob the UK of cash to fund a wedge of foreign types who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire, but will take everything the twats in government throw at them, to be fair, so would I, in their position.

Having said that, when the oldies in this country are being fucked over by the state, every household is paying for enviromental shite that no real science can demonstrate as true, or even vaguely accurate. It would be delightful to see the absolute *****, who inhabit Westminster, the quango's and the civil service, forced to watch their elderly relatives put into shite folk's homes, their goods and chattels sold off to pay for their care, and their pensions raped to pay for the third and fourth generation unemployed.

The quicker a day is arranged for leading politicos to be publicly raped by trained Donkeys, when voted out of office, the quicker, I would suggest, we will see a return to MPs who actually represent this country first and look towards the interests of their constituents.

Does anyone on this site really wonder why voter turnout is so low?

We can't give our own public sector staff pay rises, they won't honour our pensions but money is no object when spent elsewhere.
Jarrod, its to prove to the bearded, cardigan, sandal wearing treehugging ***** that Oh look arnt we soooo green and here's two billion to throw a the third world so their corrupt govt can buy some nice shinney new Merc's and pools for their pads...the *****.

I have been a Tory since Birth......I have just joined UKIP, I will be in due course letting the Conservative party know this!

I look forward to the Autumn statement, cuts across various government departments, a squeeze on resources and cuts to those that receive benefits. Maybe just maybe the voters will realise that the current parties don't represent their wishes and its time to move on.

We can't give our own public sector staff pay rises, they won't honour our pensions but money is no object when spent elsewhere.
Jarrod,you've unknowingly solved your own fiscal problem!

Hop a flight to Lagos,and join the Nigerian Heath Service,they have got to be on shitloads per annum,with the amount of UK taxpayers money going over there! :w00t:

And,they do say Somalia,is nice this time of year,could be an alternative,mate! :crazy:

The worst part is the money they give away is borrowed anyway! So we hand it out to the Jo' Fo's & pay the interest on the loans as well. I bet Guy Fawkes would think the parliament of his time that he wanted to blow up were actually not anywhere near as bad as the twats in there now.

Is it more or less cost effective than human sacrifice though? Seems like a similar principle at work (ie cultish bullshit & power over the masses scam) - merely 'updated' for modern audiences, just pay the man & hey presto no more scary weather.

I look forward to the Autumn statement, cuts across various government departments, a squeeze on resources and cuts to those that receive benefits. Maybe just maybe the voters will realise that the current parties don't represent their wishes and its time to move on.

On now, and it's more cuts at home to pay for more Mercs in Medellin.

Think of it as a modern form of Danegeld. If we can manage to achieve improvements overseas we'll not see the mass exodus of starving millions heading for the bright lights. I'd rather we sorted out sub-saharan africa with £ now than have my boys digging in on the Med coastline in 20 years time to repel the invasion fleet. Does rather presuppose that our cash actually makes a difference. Some does, African GDP is rising - but its still an utter pit of corruption. If they were actually going to fix that then frankly I'd be willing to pay even more.

The really stupid thing about ALL of the climate change bollocks is that its caused in the main by the explosion in global population, especially in the third world! No politician seems to want to say it because they are scared of upsetting various religions, some of whom actually encourage this growth by forbidding the use of contraception.
Most of the various green schemes in the west are more than countered by the huge ammounts of deforrestation & resultant desertification in South & central America, Africa and Asia. The Chinese & Indians building large numbers of coal fired power stations & producing huge ammounts of toxic waste from their other industries to fuel their economic growth!
The pathetic attempts by Western govts to justify their stupidity in continuing to fund corrupt and feckless governments "to encourage green practices" is virtually criminal in its stupidity. They should be telling these countries to get their own houses in order, controlling population & eliminating corruption before giving any further aid!

Interesting piece in FT about the polar shipping route opening up AGAIN. If it was navigable by ships a few hundred years ago then presumably the Earth was warmer then and the subsequent cooling and so-called warming we are now apparently experiencing was caused by something other than 4x4s and coal-fired power stations. Solar activity perhaps?
It is of course easier to blame man-made causes because they can then be taxed.
In other words, man-made global warming is largely bollox.

I suspect you need to do a bit more research on the history of the search for the North West Passage son. "Its not man-made" is right up there with "All created in 7 days" when it comes to delusional thinking.

Think of it as a modern form of Danegeld. If we can manage to achieve improvements overseas we'll not see the mass exodus of starving millions heading for the bright lights. I'd rather we sorted out sub-saharan africa with £ now than have my boys digging in on the Med coastline in 20 years time to repel the invasion fleet. Does rather presuppose that our cash actually makes a difference. Some does, African GDP is rising - but its still an utter pit of corruption. If they were actually going to fix that then frankly I'd be willing to pay even more.
Danegeld didn't work in any meaningful sense back in the day any more than this will work now. It isn't enough. All the developed nations don't have enough collectively to seriously improve the lot of the individual in the timeframes they would like it to be done. Pretty much every African Govt is inherently corrupt (as our is before you start ....) This money will mostly be lost in bribes and skimming off and other meaningless bollox. Including no doubt a goodly number of advisors all well connected to our Govt and its' politicians.

Much as the Govt is giving crap to Costa and Amazon but not talking to the top 4 tax advisors in this country who are advising them of how to avoid tax. I'd be inclined to think that many members of those companies went to the same sort of schools as Call-Me-Dave et al .......

I'd like to see a return to the times when members of Parliament who were found to be corrupt were able to made to physically suffer for their deeds.

I'm also more worried about the Bulgarians etc who will be heading over here next year ........... God help us.

You would think that, well, to our Western mind it seems very sensible, but look at it how the average peasant in the 3rd world see's all this munificence washing in to his impoverished land.

'Look Umphalozi! They are so rich in Britain, they can give away free food and trucks to the rest of the world! We must go to Britain, the streets must be paved with gold!'

Cue arrivals at all our ports and airports of eager economic migrants.

Latest Threads