More Government corruption!

It seems like more people have been screwing the taxpayer over, the corruption in this government is getting beyond a joke.

I wonder if this will be paid back to the public, and just how much more of this type of corruption is going on? If they are not gaslighting you to spend your taxes on giving their mates contracts and dodgy deals - they are just blatantly screwing you over, and it's not just the cons that do it, Labour are just as bad. No wonder people have lost faith in those they elected.

Presumably the noble Lord felt the funds intended for "levelling up" were intended to bring the potholes to the level of his carriageway.

The road in question led to a museum and visitor centre of some sort, not his house or whatever. So on the face of it seems legit.
The road was privately owned by him, not anything public.

It’s worth understanding, of course, that this estate is part of a conditionally exempt heritage assets scheme - ie. The family escaped paying inheritance tax by agreeing with HMRC to allow the public access to the estate etc. rather than being forced to sell it.

Of course, the list of undertakings they have taken isn’t easy to access, it says it’s available on site - presumably on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet, stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying “Beware of The Leopard“.

It seems like more people have been screwing the taxpayer over, the corruption in this government is getting beyond a joke.

I wonder if this will be paid back to the public, and just how much more of this type of corruption is going on? If they are not gaslighting you to spend your taxes on giving their mates contracts and dodgy deals - they are just blatantly screwing you over, and it's not just the cons that do it, Labour are just as bad. No wonder people have lost faith in those they elected.

SABC given as - corruption in government (no matter which party) is not a new thing. It’s not just the Tories. It’s not just started within this government.
It’s been around for a long long time.
Nothing new here. Change the title to “It’s the Tories again” or “Maggie and her ilk are still stealing my milk”.

Edit: You’re currently in 6th place in the SPOTY 2021. Try harder.

The article itself says the part that goes to the privately owned farm and cottages was repaired at the landowners expense while the road for public access to the museum and art gallery was funded by the taxpayer. I'm not seeing what the issue is - should we refuse to spend public money on anyone or anything with any kind of link to the Conservatives?? I'll wager the museum has contributed far more to the economy and society than you ever have!

Compared to some of the shite that gets public money thrown at it I think it's an excellent use of money.

If the “ road for public access to the museum and art gallery” was a highway maintainable at public expense, it would be entirely fair to maintain it with public money. However in this case (reading between the lines with my experience of conditionally exempt agreements) it’s likely that the only reason for public access to the art gallery and museum is that public access to this wa# part of their conditional exemption

So what they are now getting is public money to fund the fulfilment of their conditional exemption undertakings - we are paying to facilitate their inheritance tax avoidance - which I suggest is ******* ludicrous.

SABC given as - corruption in government (no matter which party) is not a new thing. It’s not just the Tories. It’s not just started within this government.
Nothing new here. Change the title to “It’s the Tories again” or “Maggie and her ilk are still stealing my milk”.

So because the government are already corrupt - there's nothing to see here, move along and don't say anything - that's how these scumbags think they can get away with it, because of people like you being complicit and not caring how they screw the tax payers over.

As for spotty the vote, make a fake account and vote again and again if you want, nobody with a working brain gives a toss about these things apart from the weak minded and people that thrive on getting likes from people that don't know them, or will ever meet them.

Last edited:
The Department for Levelling Up? W. T. F? Which genius thought that up? In all honesty I had to Google it. It's existed for 15 years and I'd never heard of it.

So because the government are already corrupt - there's nothing to see here, move along and don't say anything - that's how these scumbags think they can get away with it, because of people like you being complicit and not caring how they screw the tax payers over.
And you’re going to do what exactly?
How will you change it?
You can’t. Spouting off on a forum won’t change it.
You’ll do the square root of f**k all. Because that’s all you can do.

If you don’t like the current gov or party - place your vote. That’s all you have.

When it comes to corruption the U.K. is in the children’s, nay, babies league. Try Central America, African nations, certain parts of the Middle East, Asia etc etc etc etc etc etc for real corruption.

Or, grow up. You’re not in the student union anymore. Piers Corbyn Walt.

Last edited:
Central Government, local Government, the NI, Welsh & the Scottish devolved administrations are all at it, in one way or another.

I'm surprised why anyone should think we're surprised

Well, if providing £300k to enable access by the non- Range Rover owning working classes to a private art collection run by a trust with £8 million “resting” in its account isn’t the very definition of levelling up. I don’t know what is.

I blame Big Phama.

And Little Pharma.

And Medium Pharma.

And Tory scum.

And Boris Grrr.

But mostly, I blame Brexit.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
I remember coming across this little snippet from CV Library a couple of years back:

Bearing in mind this was pre-Covid. Is it any wonder we're in the position we are in now, when govt & media have been choosing which scientists to promote, which of their recommendations suit their ideals, etc - when it's clear to a degree there have been massive opportunities to sell contracts to their mates, tell us one thing, but do the other, break election manifestos and so on and so on.

More puzzling is the fact that ordinary people will lose literally *hours* of their lives fighting their corners for them on social media too.

Bizarre.

Anyway, here's the list:

The survey of 1,200 UK workers reveals that these professionals are considered untrustworthy due to their lack of morals (66.4%), greed for money (62.1%), unreliability (56.5%) and irritating nature (26.6%). The list is as follows:

1. Politicians (78.1%)
2. Journalists (37.7%)
3. Car salesmen (27.4%)
4. Telesales (23.6%)
5. Bankers (22.8%)

You appear to be attempting to excuse a potentially criminal act.

And you’re going to do what exactly?
How will you change it?
You can’t. Spouting off on a forum won’t change it.
You’ll do the square root of f**k all. Because that’s all you can do.

If you don’t like the current gov or party - place your vote. That’s all you have.

When it comes to corruption the U.K. is in the children’s, nay, babies league. Try Central America, African nations, certain parts of the Middle East, Asia etc etc etc etc etc etc for real corruption.

Or, grow up. You’re not in the student union anymore. Piers Corbyn Walt.
Further to my last, you are excusing his behaviour.

Whataboutery.

If the “ road for public access to the museum and art gallery” was a highway maintainable at public expense, it would be entirely fair to maintain it with public money. However in this case (reading between the lines with my experience of conditionally exempt agreements) it’s likely that the only reason for public access to the art gallery and museum is that public access to this wa# part of their conditional exemption

So what they are now getting is public money to fund the fulfilment of their conditional exemption undertakings - we are paying to facilitate their inheritance tax avoidance - which I suggest is ******* ludicrous.

Welcome to the United Kingdom, sir.

Latest Threads