More Evidence President Bush was 'Right' about the Iraqis.

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by WEATHERMAN1956, Feb 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Sunday's vote proved Dubbya was Right about the 'Freedom Loving People' of Iraq. All Arabia 'mesmerized by the Iraqi vote ...

News today...even though buried in Aljazzera's tirade...something
    'rare' has begun:

2. I'm confused? I thought that Al Jazeera were no more biased than Fox. Let face it Fox (UK) - BskyB, The Times and The Sun; each have very clear editorial lines, as does Al Jazeera. I.e. Difference is nil.

Stop knocking Al Jazeera, it is one of one media outlets in ME that broadcasts in Arabic and is not state controlled.....yes I know it is owned by the government but it has its own editorial line. The reason why Al Jazeera was so effective in Iraq was that it had Arab reporters who were seen by all Iraqi's as being neutral. Sadly its coverage during Fulluja I cost many Iraqi and US lives, because the Poli’s bottled it. Lesson learned, if the media don’t toe the line **** em off, oh that is how dictatorships work. Somehow we need to find a balance; neither system is perfect.

The UK media (well some elms) are becoming very effective at using Iraqi reporters to go where the western media cannot go. Have you seen any footage from Fulluja after Fulluja II; that was not from embeds, if not why not? It is around and does raise a few questions, it is not radical, it was balanced, which is what proper journalism is about.

Just like the pictures from Walter Reed, first aired on UK TV, long before anyone in the US saw them and then it was only seen when they were 'used' by Michael Moore' with his very own political spin. It was really sad, the unedited version looked very carefully at the VA sp (very impressive) and cost to the US DoD (very disturbing) of the wounded soldiers. My wife was crying after watching it and promptly phoned her brother stateside to find out if any of the networks had shown it. None had. I enjoyed F9/11 but was pissed when MM used the footage out of context, he could easily humiliated the media by saying this what the Brits saw….I wonder why none the networks picked it up?

Changing the subject: Oh if the Iranians are that bad why did they facilitate the Iraqi exiles vote? I noticed that Turkey did not come out to play on the 30th.

The election is a step in the right direction, but it is not a victory.
  3. Jailorinummqasr...
    Don't have a 'tantrum' just because I said 'tirade'. :)

I respect and apperciate your 'local enlightenments'.

However... I beleive Aljazzera does infact often 'censure' (not censor)
    any pro U.S. news.

But I'm not 'dissin'em'...hey they are what I look to inorder to
    learn Arab perspective on recent events in the sandbox.

I think that he Iranians WANT the Iraqis to vote into office an Islamic theocracy.

(and nuts to michael moore's BS) :x
  4. Oh Gawd...if the 'Spelling Police' get to this first...

OK should be 'believe'

(My lisdexia again)

5. Is Jailorinummqasr a new version of Crackedskulls/Tofu???
  6. Corporal wrote:

7. Hurrah....Corporal..take note.. :lol:
  8. I try not to throw teddies, if I do it is cos I'm scared.....I fear that sooner or later probably about Oct 2007, when my missus has been naturalized in the UK and I'm out of the mob. I will end up moving to the good ol' US of A. Sadly (at least from your perspective) i'm likely to end up Mass or Conn. And I don't really know whether I can handle it....Being married to an American gives me I believe a feel of both sides of the Pond. So I just try and highlight aspects of the special relationship.

I believe in democracy and freedom speech so I tend to jump to Al Jazeera's defence, also as you might have guessed I don't buy into the Bush view of the world.

I have to tread very carefully with the In-Laws one is a Democrat, one is a Republican and the other is Libertarian! My first chat with my father-in-law started with 'why are our guys getting killed in Baghdad whilst the Brits are not down south'? (Three weeks before I went out to IZ)

I'll be Stateside finger crossed for the 4th July to wet Jailor Jnr's head. If I am too lazy to remember to say it tomorrow....have a great superbowl party, where ever you are. I'll find somewhere to watch it.

p.s. weatherman, you'll never get a spelling correction from me!
  9. I think hes looking at it from both sides, rather than the 'we are right, you are wrong' attitude.
    During the early days of the invasion of Iraq, you couldnt believe half of what the Brit and particularly US media/govts were saying, like the US saying no Apaches had been brought down, no US soldiers were missing while at the same time Al Jazeera were showing the footage of downed apaches and of captured US troops.
    Al Jazeera show the footage that western media wont, and they know where to draw the line (if somewhat further than the norm), ie not showing the execution vids all the way. Pity our news agencies couldnt be a bit more 'truthful'.
    6 million Iraqis voted, out of a country of how many? pity more didnt turn out.
  10. Jailorinummqasr's bias against the US is quite evident. Anyone who feels that Al Jazeera is fair and balanced is definitely not someone I want watching my back. The arab news media were pretty much embed's with the terrorists.

What is clear is that the Bush administration isnt going to accept the word of states like Iran and Syria but rather will see what their actions are. If they say they arent helping the terrorists but we see they are they will get called on it. Anyone watching the State of the Union address had to note Bush's comments regarding Iran and Syria.
  11. Tomahawk6.

Why have Haliburton (Bermuda) only just pulled out Iran??

What about Suadi Arabia and Pakistan or for that matter Bangladesh.

Bais against the US, negative over, I just question what the leaders of the free world tell us, do not tell me you believe politician never liar or massage the truth.

Not even implied, but they are only as bad as US Networks.

Go back and watch Fox[/quote]
  12. Night Gents!

13. Your political belief's prevent you from being objective. The arab networks are great if you want anti-US news. Ditto for the UK news outlet's - except Sky. I watch Fox because I find them to be the most balanced. CNN, MSNBC,CBS, NBC and ABC are pretty much anti-administration. The media used to just report events factually without adding commentary. We have a disturbing pattern in the uS where the news media seeks to make news. They will commission a poll and then report it as a story. We found during the last election cycle that the polls released by the major news outlets were actually wrong. It seemed to come as a particular shock to the Kerry campaign.
  14. you're sh1tting me right???
  15. Fox has a definate right slant to it, just like ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, etc. have a left slant to them.

T6 does bring up a valid point. Media in general seems to be more interested in ratings and making news than just reporting news.

So, who do you trust for your news?