More EOD on the BBC Website

Discussion in 'RLC' started by diplomat, Nov 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

2. WTF?

"He said the British army's bomb disposal experts tended to be either members of the Royal Logistics Corps or the Royal Engineers. According to Lt Martell, the former often use robots and bomb suits, whereas the latter will lay their hands on devices such as mines."

......and we don't?

3. Hmmmm.... He must be right after all is is a Bomb Disposal Officer in the TA.

4. The whole EOD area of work is confusing enough for those who work in it, let alone joe civvie to understand!I can understand his predicament in explaining to the media how we actually work and operate!

5. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

In the style of the "Office"..

C O C K

6. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I quote:

"You do get an adrenalin rush, there's sweat pouring off your face, the nerves are kicking in and if your hairs stand up on the back of your neck that's your sixth sense telling you something"

Uh Huh, what's it telling you then? "Oops I've been mis-quoted in the media"

Answers on a post card please.

7. Another classic example of the forward leaning Royal Engineer PR machine.....congratulations....still doesn't stop the article from ballsing it up so badly that the word C O C K must expel from me.....

8. It would appear that this COCK has removed himself from facebook after a number of comments left on his page from the ATs sister website. :)

I love a good outing.

9. Just another example of the RE using the public ignorance to further there cause.

10. furthering their cause too....

:roll:

11. spell check on safari browser not enabled my bad!

12. Gentlemen, one (possibly miss-quoted) man does not make a Corps. Much of Joe public still think you can jump off an IED into a metal bath and you will be OK! Anyone who counts knows the work ATs, BD, Search Teams and all manner of support elements do. We have for a number of years now worked together in combined teams providing the best possible service.
    It is not a Corps, badge or even Service thing; it is just one man and not necessarily his own words

13. only messing mate.....I'm ex RE. Wasn't it obvious :wink:

14. Rumour has it HQLF is recommending all EOD assets come under the RAF and all RLC/RE can either rebage or fuck off :wink: