More EOD on the BBC Website

WTF?

"He said the British army's bomb disposal experts tended to be either members of the Royal Logistics Corps or the Royal Engineers. According to Lt Martell, the former often use robots and bomb suits, whereas the latter will lay their hands on devices such as mines."

......and we don't?

Bomb_Doctor said:
WTF?

"He said the British army's bomb disposal experts tended to be either members of the Royal Logistics Corps or the Royal Engineers. According to Lt Martell, the former often use robots and bomb suits, whereas the latter will lay their hands on devices such as mines."

......and we don't?
Hmmmm.... He must be right after all is is a Bomb Disposal Officer in the TA.

The whole EOD area of work is confusing enough for those who work in it, let alone joe civvie to understand!I can understand his predicament in explaining to the media how we actually work and operate!

In the style of the "Office"..

C O C K

I quote:

"You do get an adrenalin rush, there's sweat pouring off your face, the nerves are kicking in and if your hairs stand up on the back of your neck that's your sixth sense telling you something"

Uh Huh, what's it telling you then? "Oops I've been mis-quoted in the media"

Answers on a post card please.

Another classic example of the forward leaning Royal Engineer PR machine.....congratulations....still doesn't stop the article from ballsing it up so badly that the word C O C K must expel from me.....

It would appear that this COCK has removed himself from facebook after a number of comments left on his page from the ATs sister website. :)

I love a good outing.

A

armadillo

Just another example of the RE using the public ignorance to further there cause.

Gentlemen, one (possibly miss-quoted) man does not make a Corps. Much of Joe public still think you can jump off an IED into a metal bath and you will be OK! Anyone who counts knows the work ATs, BD, Search Teams and all manner of support elements do. We have for a number of years now worked together in combined teams providing the best possible service.
It is not a Corps, badge or even Service thing; it is just one man and not necessarily his own words

armadillo said:
Just another example of the RE using the public ignorance to further there cause.
Rumour has it HQLF is recommending all EOD assets come under the RAF and all RLC/RE can either rebage or fuck off :wink:

The-Lord-Flasheart said:
armadillo said:
Rumour has it HQLF is recommending all EOD assets come under the RAF and all RLC/RE can either rebage or fuck off :wink:
Bloody hell.............. is this on top of the RAF taking over the whole Navy air wing 8O

Well it would be going back to their roots.......... Navy and RE combo :D

The Bomb maker is after ALL of you whatever the capbadge, working together is the only way.
Pity the press don't know who is who and what they do.

I heard the RE is taking over the RAF and the regiment will be named 113 (AF) Regiment RE. Nothing like a circle completed.

re-stilly said:
I heard the RE is taking over the RAF and the regiment will be named 113 (AF) Regiment RE. Nothing like a circle completed.
To complete the circle we would have to call it the "Air battalion RE".
:wink:

thiswayup said:
It would appear that this c*** has removed himself from facebook after a number of comments left on his page from the ATs sister website. :)

I love a good outing.
You certainly wouldn't be saying that to his face if you knew him.