More EH Nonsence - Whats in a Name?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by SpeckledJim, Apr 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn’t help but notice as I wade through the dirge that passes for work emails these days.......doesn’t anyone use the phone anymore!! - well besides our David Dickenson look-alike!! and what ever happened to just walking down the corridor to speak to someone about an issue? anyway back to my point, its signature blocks. Not just that people are scanning in their real signatures, or using their full forename after years of being known by a shortened version, no that, its the messages that are appearing beneath signature blocks. They're becoming like a public announcement service...................

These are couple of my favourites

When confronted by a difficult problem, you can solve it more easily by reducing it to the question, "How would Speckled Jim handle this?"

Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.

Eagles may soar high, but pigeons don't get sucked into jet engines.

Anyone know any others?

2. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I seem to get loads with messages about being kind to trees

3. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

I remember one particular tosser who used to sign his off with 'Train Hard, Fight Easy' which I found hysterical coming from an MSO who was binned (as a soldier) from MSU which coincidentally supports the unit that uses that very same phrase. Oh the irony. Anyway, took the piss out of him mercilessly and the upshot was that the sig block disappeared but he wouldn't speak to me anymore! Fucking child.

4. The phrase ,' Train hard, fight easy, was coined by Marshal Zukov. Believe me, he needed it.

He was a Russian war hero who spent the rest of his life with a suitcase next to his back door.

Care of uncle Joe.

5. P Save the planet - Do not print this email unless necessary.

Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre? LOST ME ON THE FOREIGN LANGUAGE STUFF (ENGLISH BEING MY UNPREFERED LANGUAGE)