More depth in the gene pool

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 4
  2. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

The Weaver family are not only generous but very brave in facing a really horrible future, and making the best of it. I admire them beyond words. They know their daughter is dying, and they offer help to another family.

It shows that they are being realistic in knowing what will happen, and deciding now to help others will give them much peace in the really bad days in the near future.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. yeah but lets hope they didnt leave themselves short for the upcoming berevment in doing so.

not to detract from there generosity but sometimes people facing such things do act irrationally
  4. mercurydancer

mercurydancer LE Book Reviewer

With grief reactions of all types irrationality comes into it. This does not seem irrational. Quite the opposite. The Weaver family have understood the consequences and I for one hope it will give them some small peace in the coming days.
  5. Seconded.
  6. Your children are the most precious thing in the world. Some families for awful reasons, find that they are going to lose a child to illness. What a nightmare! Something as a father with 3 healthy children and up until now, 2 healthy grandchildren, a situation that I cannot contemplate given that my lot are all doing so well.

The Weavers, without any doubt would give anything in the world not be where they are with their little girl and their decision to give this money to another child is an extremely courageous decision and also an act of altruism that you don't come across very often.

My thoughts are with them all, especially their little girl.