More deaths in Basra

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by girl_in_green, Aug 23, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Condolencies to all family and friends.

News that spoils a Bank holiday, any clues as to unit yet?

2. I am going to beat up that civvy in Cambridge who said our troops are wasting time in Iraq.

Heartfelt sympathy to family and friends.

3. Dirt_Diver

Dirt_Diver LE Moderator

A very sad day.
    Thoughts and condolances to the families.

4. I also extend my condolences to the family's of those involved.

Lets hope that we don't lose any more.

5. Sky now says they were RMP Officers.

6. I would like to extend my Condolances to the family and friends of all those killed and wish the injured a speedy recovery.

7. Terrible terrible terrible.
    Love and condolences to the families, comrades and friends.
    Can but pray for the good recovery of the injured.

8. Condolences to friends and families of all involved, a truly sad day.

9. Condolences to all concerned.

10. And my condolences to all affected by this incident.

11. Condolences to all those affected by this tragic loss of life. Speedy recovery to those injured in the incident.

12. MOD has released the following: It is with very deep regret that the Ministry of Defence has to confirm the following casualties suffered during operations:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Three soldiers from the Royal Military Police were killed, and one seriously wounded, during an incident in central Basrah on the morning of 23 August.

Major Matthew Titchener

It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence has to confirm that Major Matthew Titchener, of 150 Provost Company, Royal Military Police, was killed during an attack by gunmen on a British Army vehicle in Basrah on 23 August 2003. Major Titchener, aged 32, was married with one child.

The media are requested to respect the family's privacy at this very difficult time.

Warrant Officer Colin Wall

It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence has to confirm that Warrant Officer Colin Wall, of 150 Provost Company, Royal Military Police, was killed during an attack by gunmen on a British Army vehicle in Basrah on 23 August 2003. Warrant Officer Wall, aged 34, was married with one child, plus two from a previous marriage.

The media are requested to respect the family's privacy at this very difficult time.

Corporal Dewi Pritchard

It is with deep regret that the Ministry of Defence has to confirm that Corporal Dewi Pritchard, a Territorial Army soldier serving with 116 Provost Company, Royal Military Police, was killed during an attack by gunmen on a British Army vehicle in Basrah on 23 August 2003. Corporal Pritchard, aged 35, was married and came from Bridgend.

13. Bad news. Hope their families are getting all the support they deserve.