More Cuts ? MOD Must Find £5.8Bn Of Savings

According to the latest National Audit Office report the MOD must make savings from existing projects in the next 10 years. Also they must use the entirety of the £10.7 billion headroom previously set aside to meet emerging requirements in future years.

Full NAO Report

Some reports in the Press
MoD Needs To Find A Further £6Bn In Savings | Forces TV
Ministry of Defence equipment plans 'need more savings' - BBC News
Alarm sounded over whether Britain can afford £178bn military spending plans

oh good...

Well; chaps watch the booted and suited brigade as they sally forth with clip boards and if they ask do you own this say No!
There must still be a few slugs of real estate to divest and some serious bits of art that are hanging in HMG offices belonging to long defunct Regiments.

How much does a carrier cost to run over 10 years....

Well; chaps watch the booted and suited brigade as they sally forth with clip boards and if they ask do you own this say No!
There must still be a few slugs of real estate to divest and some serious bits of art that are hanging in HMG offices belonging to long defunct Regiments.
What about the shed loads of silver lying in Royal Signals' cellars somewhere that could be melted down and sold off?

Cuts to T & S and SLA/SFA, along with a reduction in training, are a shoe-in. There's no room for manoeuvre in any other area of expenditure.

D

Deleted 20555

Do we really really need full size tanks now that we have medium sized ones? Surely there is a saving to be had there?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
And so it continues...

I
It was tongue in cheek but there must a lot lying about. 11 Sigs Sgt's Mess for instance got 2 x pieces every Staff Sgt's course, some better than others I admit, but our course contributed a rather expensive chunk of silver. With the shrinkage of the Corps where is it all, do you know?

They could also contract out stuff to RPCs using a properly written contract that covers efficient running of facilities..... yeah, I know, not in this world.

They've probably pissed a fair amount away paying for the ambulance chasing solicitors, legal aid for alleged victims and investigations into one side of the troubles.

Latest Threads