More crap about race

White privilege?

I distinctly remember my Mam getting up early on Christmas Day 1975 to start the fire. No central heating in the our little house in Westerhope, a 'burb of Newcastle.

Being kept off school for a day and going to Liverpool with my Dad to the MOD Building for some work thing while Mam scraped together some coins for shoes for me. The previous pair having worn out after 2 years.

The joyous occasion of the family getting it's first colour tv in 1979. The black and white portable we did have being given to me as a Christmas present.

The amazement of having the new house my parents bought in Northumberland being carpeted a mere year after we moved in.

Yes. I thank the stars I was born into wealth and privilege.

........... we'd never have dared to complain - not that you would anyway, it was just the way it was, everyone else around us lived in the same stuff.
Exackerly! Bomb through the roof, Gran copped it. Lived in a ex railway goods wagon for a while, then a nissen hut, then a counts louse. Roof, windows, doors. Didn't care. I'm going out to play, sometimes with Ni**er Isles. Hard times? Colour problems? Meh.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I'm happy living large on my white privilege, even have my own batman. ;)

I can't afford batman, I have a part share in robin though.

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Something with alcohol in it would do the trick though. A lorry load of real ale. Couple of crates of port or a free subscription to a clutch of Scottish distillery taste our prime vintage events.

Greedy !

Something that you never experienced - Or you would know that there was no string - string was for shoelaces and torn up newspaper was stuck directly to the nail.

:)

Ain't so, though. There was a nail in the wall and a loop of string hanging off it, festooned with newspaper. It made it easier to rotate the paper around until you found the bit from the cartoons.

olafthered

LE
Book Reviewer
Relative poverty annoys the crap out of me. Its a mobile target, by its very nature. Bottom 40% will always exist, the absolute value might lift as to what is 40% income bracket, but their is always going to be 40% in the bracket....

Can you eat?
Can you wash?
Are you clothed?
Are you in accommodation?

If yes to at least half of these you are doing better than the majority of humans through history.

mrdude

On ROPS
On ROPs
What a sh*te thread From the racist with the avatar that shouts out what he is!
Hey I resemble resent that remark.

I think you'll find that most of the people that scream and complain about racism are the ones that are inherently racists. Now I am not going to deny I am slightly racist, I think most people are to a degree, and certainly every single country I have ever been to has had it's fair share.

The thing is, this is embedded in our DNA and it goes back millennia, when tribes would fight each other for resources and other things.

Anyone that fought in WW2 or any other war would not have good thoughts about their enemy's and if everyone was honest with themselves we would all acknowledge that racism is ingrained deep within ourselves. If the shit ever hits the fan and it's becomes all about survival - I would imagine the amount of people that were tarred with the racist brush would jump up massively.

Most people will admit to themselves and will know that they are slightly racist and just go about life without being a twat about it, it's those virtue signallers that most people despise, and those that whine about racism all the time, they are usually ashamed of themselves and think of themselves are perpetual victims that think everyone else has had an easier life than they have had. They seem to not understand that you are what you make of yourself, and if you ever want to become something you first need to accept this and then formulate a plan on how to get out of your shitty situation, and then act on that. Whether that means getting educated, getting a new job or starting your own business is up to you and nobody else. Sometimes you just need to man up and take responsibility for yourself and figure out a way to make your life better, so stop blaming the system or the man or some poor unfortune white person that had jack shit to do with your circumstances.

Last edited:
I learnt about Tribalism playing Sunday League football in the North East. I moved to Southall ,West London at 17 to better myself. I learnt all about Racism whilst playing Saturday and Sunday League football there.

It works both ways.Each way and every way.

As far as privilege , Class is a much more decisive division than mere skin tone.

Last edited:

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Relative poverty annoys the crap out of me. Its a mobile target, by its very nature. Bottom 40% will always exist, the absolute value might lift as to what is 40% income bracket, but their is always going to be 40% in the bracket....

Can you eat?
Can you wash?
Are you clothed?
Are you in accommodation?

If yes to at least half of these you are doing better than the majority of humans through history.
Relative poverty… one of Labour’s vilest constructions.

Latest Threads