More crap about race

I was watching a documentary today on whiskey making in Dublin in the 1970's

If you jump to around 6 minutes 40 seconds in, you will see the crappy working conditions that these apparently "White Privileged" guys were working in.

pg-56-coal-mining-pa.jpg

Then there's these poor blokes stuck down a mine breathing in coal dust every day in the 60's
Looking at their faces, one can only imagine the state of their lungs, I wonder what other photo's and tales could be told to today's youngsters to show them that they take life for granted today and white privilege is a myth made up by some middle class woke twats. I look forward to your tales of "Not so white privileged".

Last edited:

If you jump to around 6 minutes 40 seconds in, you will see the crappy working conditions that these apparently "White Privileged" guys were working in.

pg-56-coal-mining-pa.jpg

Then there's these poor blokes stuck down a mine breathing in coal dust every day in the 60's
Looking at their faces, one can only imagine the state of their lungs, I wonder what other photo's and tales could be told to today's youngsters to show them that they take life for granted today and white privilege is a myth made up by some middle class woke twats. I look forward to your tales of "Not so white privileged".

No wonder the mines got closed down, black face wouldn't be allowed these days

No wonder the mines got closed down, black face wouldn't be allowed these days
Wellies and underpants - Uniforms and PPE was cheaper in those days!

Doesnt fit with the current narrative though does it

Apparently we are all cast in the same mould as the 4 Yorkshire men talking about how hard it was in my day etc
Or a bunch o toffs in stately homes enjoying the spoils of the toil from the oppressed masses

pg-56-coal-mining-pa.jpg

Tales of not so white privilege?

Pater was dealing with a skirmish at our tea plantation, damn foreigners wanting "rights", and I was at boarding school in Cumbria, God awful place, the school, and Cumbria, damp don't you know?

Well, for whatever reason, Mater never explained, but nanny wasn't allowed to board with me, and I had to toast my own crumpets, and tie my own shoe laces! I was a mere 15 years old.

On the bright side, that summer I lost my virginity! A girl from the local comp, would show you her flower for tuppence. Unbeknown to me, Balshaw from the upper sixth was sweet on her, and when he found out I'd had a look, he buggered me something rotten in the potting sheds!

It couldn't have been much fun welding and rivetting 50ft up scaffolding on an icy January morning in a Govan shipyard either. There's absolutely nothing privileged about being covered in shit, wearing overalls and being totally fucked from brutal shifts - whether da'nt pit, laying track, line fault fixing down a manhole, or any number of equally onerous tasks.

Who's that bird off Love Island who reckons she's 'worked her arse off'? Yeah love, sure you have. Never had shit under her fingernails once.

Agony_Aunt

War Hero

pg-56-coal-mining-pa.jpg

I think this is common knowledge outside Londonistan, and among those of us who earned our 'privilege' the hard way.

It couldn't have been much fun welding and rivetting 50ft up scaffolding on an icy January morning in a Govan shipyard either. There's absolutely nothing privileged about being covered in shit, wearing overalls and being totally fucked from brutal shifts - whether da'nt pit, laying track, line fault fixing down a manhole, or any number of equally onerous tasks.

Who's that bird off Love Island who reckons she's 'worked her arse off'? Yeah love, sure you have. Never had shit under her fingernails once.
Talking about shit jobs, I used to work on the Oil Rigs as a rig mechanic - 12 hour shifts + meetings and drills and days fogged on + courses etc, It was many, many hours a year working. As a rig mechanic you need to fix everything, not just the drilling stuff but also stuff in the living accommodation - such as the sewage system.
Regularly bits of mop heads, tampax, ear buds,rags, etc would end up being flushed down a pipe and the sewage would be backed up a long way. I used to have to crack open the pipe (usually near some bend), and get a fire hose over my shoulder and blast the faecal matter out - I've been covered in over 100 different peoples shit at the same time and then had to shovel that into oil drums, and dispose of it many times more than I have wanted. One things for sure - I sure as hell didn't feel my "white privilege" on those days.

Over the years have had many shit jobs, as I am sure most of the forum members have - for those that went to Afghanistan and Iraq, scrapping up your mates body parts and putting them in a poncho or something, I doubt you felt your "white privilege" there either. One winter tour in Bosnia, I worked out of an slept in a Bedford 4 tonner with 3 other mechanics for 6 months on a winter tour, with no hot water or heating most of the time - I didn't feel at all like my "White privilege" was getting me anywhere at that time, and It was more a feeling of being very depressed most of the time rather than being happy about my "white" situation.

Even as a kid in the 80's most of my holidays were spent in the summer Picking strawberries, raspberries at a farm and in the Autumn - potatoes.....There were no foreign holidays for me and 99% of my friends, unlike how the media like to spin it, "Whitey" is and was not very privileged at all when you come to think of it.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Talking about shit jobs, I used to work on the Oil Rigs as a rig mechanic - 12 hour shifts + meetings and drills and days fogged on + courses etc, It was many, many hours a year working. As a rig mechanic you need to fix everything, not just the drilling stuff but also stuff in the living accommodation - such as the sewage system.
Regularly bits of mop heads, tampax, ear buds,rags, etc would end up being flushed down a pipe and the sewage would be backed up a long way. I used to have to crack open the pipe (usually near some bend), and get a fire hose over my shoulder and blast the faecal matter out - I've been covered in over 100 different peoples shit at the same time and then had to shovel that into oil drums, and dispose of it many times more than I have wanted. One things for sure - I sure as hell didn't feel my "white privilege" on those days.

Over the years have had many shit jobs, as I am sure most of the forum members have - for those that went to Afghanistan and Iraq, scrapping up your mates body parts and putting them in a poncho or something, I doubt you felt your "white privilege" there either. One winter tour in Bosnia, I worked out of an slept in a Bedford 4 tonner with 3 other mechanics for 6 months on a winter tour, with no hot water or heating most of the time - I didn't feel at all like my "White privilege" was getting me anywhere at that time, and It was more a feeling of being very depressed most of the time rather than being happy about my "white" situation.

Even as a kid in the 80's most of my holidays were spent in the summer Picking strawberries, raspberries at a farm and in the Autumn - potatoes.....There were no foreign holidays for me and 99% of my friends, unlike how the media like to spin it, "Whitey" is and was not very privileged at all when you come to think of it.
You were lucky.

Latest Threads