More chat room weirdness

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by theoriginalphantom, Dec 5, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I just tried getting into chat, and it'll let me in with no problems. It just won't let me stay in. If I'm lucky I get to type a couple of words before the chat window goes black.

Yes, I have the latest version of java
    Running Windows Vista and using firefox 3.6.12

What have I broken this time?
  2. Im on XP and it works ok for me! dont normally venture in there but its defo working!
  3. It only works for you because you have the speshul chrome.

I have tried to talk Toppers through it, but I am an internet biff and he normally has to come and fix my lappy/space machine, so I have no idea why it's going wrong for him. msr to the rescue please.

P.S. Toppers makes a lovely Sunday lunch!
  4. Dale

I have tried through Chrome with the latest Java loaded and I have tried through Vista but i am getting a message saying my username is not allowed access to chat sob sob
  5. What are you boys doing wrong?

I've had shitlips trample over my excellent piece of machinery (i.e. only half a screen because I may or may have not dropped it in the Falklands) and chat still works for me. It took me about 7 or 8 tries, but I managed to get in there.

No staying power you lot........

(Thanks for the fish and chips!).
  6. LOL ok I admit I have no staying power but i must have tried a gazillion times and I cant get in

i want to play too
  7. Apparently it's something to do with cashes and biscuits. I am a complete computer nerd. Shall I go mad dog shit crazy and try and pm MSR?
  8. pretty please
  9. PM sent to the clever TA type man.

I'd tell you this in chat, but it's not working for you.

I've left a message on your phone xx