more chance

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by NewNurse, Nov 2, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. have student nurse board soon.

do i stand more chance cause i am already in the army?
  2. No

you have as much chance as everyone else on the board

if you go in with a cocksure attitude - youll fall flat on your face and get the big fat freddie

do you homework and impress the board with your knowledge and thirst for learning - oh and dont forget to be a caring soul too

Are you TA - or a retread??
  3. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Make sure you can undermine any other allied medical health practioner and also if you have a scheme that can hamper any CEG development apart from nursing would be of benefit.
  4. Saucer of cream for one please Nurse :wink:
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Dont even go there, sperm counter.
  6. next week?

No, I requested that you have it particulary rough!
  7. I dont understand. I am in the army so surely I would have a better attitude then anyone else. I would know more the a civilian would definitly.
  8. What makes you so sure??
    You might know about the army, but that may not mean you know anything about nursing, that is like me going up for an interview with the NHS and thinking because I work for them I'm going to definatly get the job!!
    If you show knowledge and willing for both the army and nursing, then I would imagine that would be better!
    If you go in all cocky and thinking "coz I'm in the army I don't have to try" I would hope that you would be turned down!!
    I'm sure the are hundreds of people wanting to be an army nurse from all different backgrounds with many different experiences, that may be more relevent than just already being in the army!!!
  9. i know alot already as i worked in a field hospital
  10. I seriously doubt it!
  11. They will know this, and will expect you to do better than the others. This will be a test of personality, not experience. Experience is evident on your CV and is usually what gets you the interview, not the job.

Moreover, it is a fine line between the thin veneer of confidence that comes from knowing some of what you are talking about and being an arrogant prick.

If they think you might be the latter, they WILL take you down.

And that comes just from my experience of civilian interviews. No doubt the Army will be tougher still. I have not yet sat a board (my comm board is next Feb), but I have had a number of job interviews in civvy street. The ones I didn't get were the ones I thought I would.

12. I am on the selection for next week and hope that not being in the Armed Forces would not effect the opportunity for potential successful selection.

Besides which, aren't you going to be leaving a job gap open if successful that will need to be filled?

However, I wish you the best of luck NewNurse
    (may see you next week).

13. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

What do you think the 'Army' has to do with 'Army Nursing', pray tell.
  14. Nursey

what is your current trade - because Im getting confused due to all the other threads you have started. thought you were starting your training in civi street. what Fd Hosp have you worked in?? do i smell walt aftershave????
    If you are in the Army - expect the questioning to be a little more difficult if anything

If you are a civi - then the board will expect you to know nothing.

It makes no difference if you are in or out of the army - IF YOU DONT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS - YOU WONT GET SELECTED!! its as simple as that
  15. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Is that a WAH?