More calories!!!!!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by parasigs, May 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys

Im hitting the weights, Im getting enough protein and carbs from maximuscle cyclone, a energy/carbs drink and a protein drink.

But according to most sites and stuff I need 3.500 calories a day. And to be honest Im having dramas eating that many.

So where do u lot get them from and do i really need that many?

Cheers in advance. Appreciated.

2. i have the same prob, im thinking of giving progain from maximuscle a whack, it boasts 500 cal per serving ... but i dunno, i feel awkward consuming more calories, since i used to be a fattie, i saw caloires as the enemy, its like the USA trying to be friendly to Russians post cold war. :D

3. Pasta contains decent calories, I bulked up quite big at one point and all I was eating was pasta, jacket spuds, tuna, chicken and loads of fruit.

4. Cheers mate

Thought pasta and spuds were only good for supplying carbs, Il rush off and look at the nutrition label on my pasta bag now!

5. Carbs are a source of calories!

6. Theres a product by Nestle called Build Up, add it to yoghurt, brews, gravy etc (make sure you get non flavoured version) and all it does is add calories without filling you up.

7. Many things are a source of calories, including petrol, LPG and wood. If you're after a high value source of protein, you want nuts.
    They're the easiest most convenient source of protein available.
    Try these:-

Hemp Seed bars - Nutty 9 Bar 3 Pack

SHORT DESCRIPTION:
    Hemp Seed bars - Nutty 9 Bar 3 Pac. A uniquely nutritious nut and seed bar with hemp, a high quality source of protein. See single pack details for more information

Ingredients:
    Sunflower seeds, Carob topping, Cashew nuts, Hazel nuts, Honey, Raw cane sugar, Pistachio nuts, All vegetable margarine, Almonds, Dehulled hemp seeds.

I buy them in Sainsburys, they're down the organic aisle. Don't be put off by the hippy "Organic/hemp" vibe, they're the business.

8. maximuscle tubs last around 10 days, total rip off imo

9. i can get about 15 days outta a tub of promax, using about 2 scoops - 3 a day, depending. I suppose since i get paid fortnightly it don't bother me buy a new tub every couple of weeks. Or alternativly i could lend out my McDonalds employee card, all that cheap McDonalds has plenty of calories. :D

10. Shakes are crap if your diet isnt sorted guys. They're a SUPPLEMENT.

Calories = energy, if you are getting decent amounts of food in dont worry about the number-crunching too much - train hard, eat well, sleep really well. Remember to recover (Don't do CHEST CHEST CHEST BIs BIs BIs CHEST AND BIs as a weeks workout) and keep to LOW INTENSITY cardio or you'll burn muscle.

High protein - low carb is something to be careful of too if you start "cutting" - it has a tendancy to turn the body acidic (ketonic), generally not cool (no you can't spit acid balls at people so there is no fun part to it)

Just a few snippets there :)

11. You'll think I am having a laugh but try a pint of Guiness at night. I have been doing that for a couple of weeks. Got loads of iron and some nutritious value and plenty of calories.. helps me sleep as well. Buy it in packs of 4 for 3:50 or so at Somerfeild.

J.

12. Cheers guys, keep it coming!

Looked at my pasta, 300 calories per 100g so be eating plenty of that me thinks!

13. This stuffs not too bad;

http://www.lamuscle.com/docs/products/selector.php?product=heavyweight2

You can shop around and get it quite a bit cheaper. (Speak to gym staff mil & civ who might have a trade account.)

Better still:

Baileys, Irish Cream, Original
    Calories in 100ml of Baileys Irish Cream:
    Calories 350.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 20.0g
    Protein 3.2g
    Fat 15.7g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 14.1g
    Calories in a glass of Baileys (37ml): 129kcal

Beer, Bitter, Canned
    Calories in 100ml of beer:
    Calories 32.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 2.3g
    Protein 0.3g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 3.1g
    Calories in a pint of beer: 182kcal

Beer, Guinness, Stout
    Calories in 100ml of Guinness:
    Calories 30.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 1.5g
    Protein 0.4g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 3.3g
    Calories in a pint of Guinness: 170

Champagne, Average
    Calories in 100ml of champagne:
    Calories 76.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 1.4g
    Protein 0.3g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 9.9g
    Calories in a glass of Champagne (120ml): 89

Gin, 40% Volume
    Calories in 100ml of gin:
    Calories 222.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 0.0g
    Protein 0.3g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 31.7g
    Calories in a shot of Gin (25ml): 56

Lager, Stella Artois
    Calories in 100ml of lager:
    Calories 40.3kcal
    Carbohydrate 2.9g
    Protein 0.3g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 1.5g
    Calories in a can (550ml) of lager: 221

Sherry, Sweet
    Calories in 100ml of sherry:
    Calories 136.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 6.9g
    Protein 0.3g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 15.6g
    Calories in a glass (50ml) of sherry: 68

Wine, White, Medium
    Calories in 100ml of wine:
    Calories 74.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 3.0g
    Protein 0.1g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 8.9g
    Calories in a glass (120ml) of wine: 89

Vodka, 40% Volume
    Calories in 100ml of vodka:
    Calories 222.0kcal
    Carbohydrate 0.0g
    Protein 0.0g
    Fat 0.0g
    Fibre 0.0g
    Alcohol 31.7g
    Calories in a shot (25ml) of Vodka: 55

14. if it's streight forward calories you want.......... :D

Attached Files:

15. That's no joke, Guiness holds the same number of calories as a plate of Sunday Roast! In fact, you could survive solely on the vitamins etc in a Guiness, supplemented by a banana a day (The only vitamin not in Guiness is B2 I think). So every time you finish a hard day's work out nip to the pub with your mates and have a guiness. Having tried this first hand it works bloody wonders.