More British Troops to Iraq

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Don't forget the 'Peace Dividend' now that NI is fluffy and soft, and the 'real time increase in capability' caused by the latest cuts, er, re-shaping.

Anyone see Rumsfeld with David Frost on BBC24 last night?

Sorry , only just stopped seething .

Optimistic view : We're stepping up training to get out of there soonest :D

Pessimistic view : It's going to hell in a handbasket, and those we have trained so far are in large part not making any sort of difference, and are riddled with insurgents. :(

Which is it?

And all this on top of a NAO report that says the british armed forces are dangerously close to being unable to mount operations if the current deployment/training programme continues !!!
Call me a cynic , but aren't the fireshirkers about ready to strike again , and when they do, will we be expected to cover that again?
Or heaven preserve us , another foot and mouth outbreak?

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
WallabyJack said:
I cannot get over there no matter how much i plead. Our unit will not let people go!!!!
If reg: get out, and join the TA :D

If TA: join almost any Corps, such as RAMC, REME, QARANCS, and you'll be sandy-side up as soon as maybe.

OldSnowy said:
Just to balance out the 'More British Troops to Afghanistan' thread, this just in from the Beeb:

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4579963.stm

The odd noises you hear are barrels being scraped....
Taken us 30 years in ni and still not done yet so i think we will be in the middle east for a while yet guys. :cry:

Latest Threads