More British Troops to Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldSnowy, Jun 15, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Have we got anyone left???

there's 3 of us left in my minor (but much called for) unit... and we're off soon!!!
  3. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Don't forget the 'Peace Dividend' now that NI is fluffy and soft, and the 'real time increase in capability' caused by the latest cuts, er, re-shaping.
  4. Anyone see Rumsfeld with David Frost on BBC24 last night?

Sorry , only just stopped seething .

Optimistic view : We're stepping up training to get out of there soonest :D

Pessimistic view : It's going to hell in a handbasket, and those we have trained so far are in large part not making any sort of difference, and are riddled with insurgents. :(

Which is it?
  5. And all this on top of a NAO report that says the british armed forces are dangerously close to being unable to mount operations if the current deployment/training programme continues !!!
    Call me a cynic , but aren't the fireshirkers about ready to strike again , and when they do, will we be expected to cover that again?
    Or heaven preserve us , another foot and mouth outbreak?
  6. the brownies?
  7. I cannot get over there no matter how much i plead. Our unit will not let people go!!!!
  8. be funny if that did happen, these little girls are directing traffic and fighting fires ! :lol: mind you they might even make a good job of it too !
  9. OldSnowy

If reg: get out, and join the TA :D

If TA: join almost any Corps, such as RAMC, REME, QARANCS, and you'll be sandy-side up as soon as maybe.
  10. Looks like CUOTC's summer camp is gonna be relocated...I'll start packing...

11. maybe that was the well paid tempoary job I was offered :cry:
  12. He said the Brownies, not the Muppet Show.
  13. I'd happily go if they would fast-track my enlistment :D
  14. OldSnowy