More "Boots" on the ground

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by pacestick, Jun 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I heard on the radio this morning that we’re doubling (or something to that effect) the number of troops in Stan. I was half asleep at the time so can’t actually remember everything – any ideas?

2. If it's true, where the f**k are they getting them from?
  3. wait for it..... Mass Call out of reserve troops
  4. Down the toyshop they still have boxes of soldiers, modern as well as WW2 ones. We all know it only takes 12 weeks fro basic training so in three months we could double the size of the army.

Or the RN, who now have no more ships, could form a Naval brigade like they did in the 1st and 2nd WW. What about the RAF most of the aircraft could be maintained by civvies so we could give all the extra manpower a rifle and Trenchard turning in his grave (may have a problem with 95% of jobs in RAF open to women though).
  5. Perhaps they unveil the clones...

opps did I say to much?
  6. My assumption was - since it was a US commander whom the BBC News24 were quoting - that the doubling would come from a reinforcement of US manpower, rather than a doubling of the UK contingent. I stand to be corrected...
  7. Ah, I’m glad someone was awake then ;)

8. Dont know wether the yanks could double their manpower either,
    They are prity overstretched to. :eek:
  9. Excerpt from an AP article in the Evening Bulletin:

The NATO-commanded force will have troops from 36 nations, but most of them are coming from Britain, Canada and the Netherlands.
  10. Thanks for that Virgil. The original post made it sound as if the British contingent was doubling in size.