More Big Brother from our Stalinist masters

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by stabradop, Mar 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The Independent website.... I am getting sick of this lot prying into everyones lives, next it will be CCTV in our homes.

"Now 'Big Brother' targets Facebook

Minister wants government database to monitor social networking sites

By Nigel Morris, deputy political editor

Wednesday, 25 March 2009

"Millions of Britons who use social networking sites such as Facebook could soon have their every move monitored by the Government and saved on a "Big Brother" database.

Ministers faced a civil liberties outcry last night over the plans, with accusations of excessive snooping on the private lives of law-abiding citizens.

The idea to police MySpace, Bebo and Facebook comes on top of plans to store information about every phone call, email and internet visit made by everyone in the United Kingdom. Almost half the British population – some 25 million people – are thought to use social networking sites. There are already proposals under a European Union directive – dating back to after the 7 July 2005 bombs – for emails and internet usage to be monitored and added to a planned database to track terror plots. "
  2. Wake up people, we'll soon have to Swipe our ID Cards everytime we leave our houses and evertime that we enter another place.

It took hundreds of years to achieve the Freedom's that we have and this Fat prick is destroying it in several short and desperate years.
  3. You are not wrong.

Add to that GPS in cars(maybe activated by unserting your ID),swiping ID cards at shops,stations,garages and other outlets,and you soon come to the updated version of the 1984 Labour Britain that even the Stasi and KGB couldn't dream of.

Watch out for black cars and helicopters in your neighbourhood.

Citizen Smith,your permission to be away from your registered place of abode has expired and you are under arrest.
  4. The chip in the ID card could be used to track your movements with the help of the anti theft security systems in shops. If those systems where all linked up and connected to the ID card database we would have no hope of staying off the governments radar.

As it is our government can track us by our mobile phones, cars and credit cards.
  5. I doubt it without major investment. Shop install EAS (electronic article surveilence) then don't maintain the buggers. I reckon about 60% of stores I have worked in had Barriers that did not work or went off Randomly when no one was there.
  6. Chekists!!!! :twisted: :cyclops: