More bear poo found in woods

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by BrunoNoMedals, Sep 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

After revelations last month that regular exercise does indeed help you reduce weight, it appears that it also counters the effects of genes that make you fat.

What a marvellously underrated thing this "exercise" is. They'll be telling us it can increase stamina and build muscle next :roll:
  2. Why don't these so called smart people waste thier time and all that money on finding something like, oh the cure for cancer?

Next they be telling us there is a direct link to the fact the hole it goes in, is bigger than the one it comes out of???
  3. I love this. The advanced sounding scientific name is actually just an abbreviation of Fatso anyway. Nothing like a bit of casual abuse in science in place of actual research.
  4. BrunoNoMedals

That would be an amazing way of blagging the missus into ****...

"Keep your mouth shut and let me stretch you, and the pounds will drop off!"

Seriously, though, I have no issue with people telling the fat, retarded chavs of the world that moving more and eating less will help you lose weight (because it's obviously not been made clear)... no wait, yes I do. Morons. Anyway, the point I was getting to was that this research merely gives more credit to the "fat gene" theory when it really shouldn't. You're not fat because it's in your genes, you're fat because you sit on your lardy arse all day eating cake. Now the doctors can STILL tell you its not your fault, while convincing you that it's all ok because you can "overcome your genes through exercise".

Bloody scientists should do something useful, like us engineers.
  5. and yet i am willing to put my last 5 euro's, a button and a partially chewed pen that the yanks will believe this blatant propoganda. Exercise reduces the chance of getting fat? what will those crazy b*stards think of next!!!
  6. depends how tight they were :)

I'll get me coat.......
  7. Amish people are famous all over the world for sitting around eating Pizza and watching Jerry Springer.
    Everyone uses the phrase As lazy as the Amish!!!
  8. My bold. Genes do not make you fat. Greed and idleness make you fat. Genes at most predispose you to store any excess fat that you don't burn off through metabolic function or activity - because of greed and idleness.

Defective genes make you short, a mong or ginger, not fat. Let's be clear about this.
  9. You should be in politics carrots.
  10. Minister of Sport after the Glorious ARRSE Coup? :twisted:
  11. BrunoNoMedals

Exactly my point in my previous post. They're just putting a different slant on common knowledge disguised as valuable research in order to give more weight to a stupid theory - or at least stop them from unintentionally disproving it.

I don't really see a point in the "fat gene" argument. All it does is give people an excuse, maybe one day leading to obesity tying into disability claims (which I'm sure it already does in some cases, but don't get me started on that). Fat people shouldn't be offered excuses as excuses won't prevent heart failure.
  12. The nail is firmly hit on the head - others include:

"I am big boned."
    "It's my glands."

etc. etc.
  13. Surely the scientists involved might have considered the fact that those in famine ridden countries the population do not appear to have this genetic pre-disposition. When the famines are shown to us on tv, there is very rarely any cellulite on display as I recall. Neither do I think there were too many long term prisoners at Belsen who could be described as fatties when they were freed.

I am not a scientist myself, but it all looks so bleedingly obvious to me, eat less and dont get obese.