More bad news for the man-made global warming cult

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FORMER_FYRDMAN, Jun 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  2. It's the middle of June and I'm sitting in my kitchen wearing three layers of clothing. Last night I had to turn on the heating. Global warming my arse.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Whilst agreeing it is obviously "old news", the trend seems to be getting more and more supportive of AGW being a tax raising non-story.

• Like Like x 2
  4. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

A fair spot by JBM - not sure why the Telegraph had that story in the current sections - but yours is exactly the point.

5. Guess what..............it was the same in 1953.

60 years,and nothing changes.........except the climate......according to all the discredited data.

Moneyspinner thy name is 'Global Warming'! :rofl:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Global warming and environmental measures is Communism by stealth, ironically a lot of capital is generated...

• Like Like x 3
  7. Warming? If it is getting warmer why is it so bloody cold? The whole thing is a con!

8. The Met office are apparently having a big get together this week to try and come up with some plausible excuse as to why their Global warming models keep failing. No doubt after a lot of champers they will conclude that they are not a fault for pursuing a flawed argument with religious zeal but that it's all the climate change sceptics fault for putting doubt in the people's minds. They will then propose that the only solution is yet another tax on energy to raise yet more billions to fight climate change.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  9. aah but the government global warming experts have realised that they sound like twats,...hence the new catchall phrase "climate change"
    there was seven helicopters over my house(g8 thingy) the other day guzzling fuel and I thought f*** it my next car is going to have a bfo engine, sod all this green shit!

10. MMGW is and always has been b0llox. A couple of years ago holding such an opinion was akin to being a holocaust denier, now I feel that I can say it aloud. How times change.
    I can't understand why politicians don't just say 'we need to rely less on fossil fuels because we have to import most of it and we don't like to rely on the middle east and Russia'.

11. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

12. Exactly, we need to invest and start living cleaner and more sustainably. The answer IMHO is nuclear, not building the false economy of bloody wind farms!
    We live on an island, therefore have a maritime climate stabilised by the sea, unfortunately in general people can't fathom why a winter is mild and a summer is cool as they've been fed constant crap about climate change so therefore every snow shower in April *must* be down to man-made problems.

While we're on it, how much of rising sea level figures are down to isostatic uplift, with the South of England sinking into the sea as recovery from the last ice age?

• Like Like x 1
  13. The real story emerging about MMGW will still be seen as heresy by a significant number of people...... imagesCAKO4P0R.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. "If things continue as they have been, in five years, at the latest, we will need to acknowledge that something is fundamentally wrong with our climate models. A 20-year pause in global warming does not occur in a single modeled scenario. But even today, we are finding it very difficult to reconcile actual temperature trends with our expectations."

Pretty startling comments from a climate scientist. ...

Interview: Hans von Storch on Problems with Climate Change Models - SPIEGEL ONLINE