More bad news for Samsung

Stavanger

Old-Salt
Ever do a factory reset, set it back to the original install that it came from the factory?

That helps as far as the slowness goes, you get rid of all the crap left behind from stuff you've installed and removed over the years.

Battery life going? You can replace batteries as they do have a finite life and the more you use the tablet the faster the battery life goes.

Not defending Samsung, I think they're over priced and come with too much shit pre-installed so wouldn't get one, but a full reset is something that everyone should do on a regular basis just to get rid of the accumulated crap, imo.
Ta for the tip, I avoided that as I had all sorts on it and wasn't sure it would be preserved.
I've replaced it now so will take a look from the perspective of a learning exercise.....Cheers

Ta for the tip, I avoided that as I had all sorts on it and wasn't sure it would be preserved.
I've replaced it now so will take a look from the perspective of a learning exercise.....Cheers
The same rules apply, as far as I'm concerned, with gashing an Android device as with a PC. Copy all documents, pictures, etc, to a backup drive, such as your PC. Apps can be reinstalled easily enough, and you can always use one of the many backup tools such as Helium (made by ClockworkMod) or Super Backup which do not require you're device to be rooted. Obviously, Google Play will also automatically reinstall all apps and data if you have selected the option for them to automatically sync and save your data. Whether you wish Google to have their grubby paws on such info is your choice, but there are options that allow you to save "locally" to a PC, memory card, USB-OTG stick (if your device is compatible with USB-OTG, not all older devices are) if you wish.

Latest Threads