• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Moral dilemma

#1
Ok, heres the sketch. I was sat in the carpark outside Currys this afternoon minding my own business when I saw a chap running out of the store with a couple of arm fulls of Laptops. My initial thoughts were 'Mmm, he seems to be in a hurry. Maybe he is trying to catch a bus?'. A second or two later, it dawned on me that he may be up to no good as he was hotly pursued by a couple of Currys staff. Here is the moral dilemma;

1. Should I have given chase?
2. Should I have run him over (my engine was running at the time)?
3. Should I have called the police straight away?
4. Should I have sat there giggling like a school girl thinking 'good on yer mate'?


Give him his dues, he legged it like Linford Christy up the road (for about a mile as far as I could see).
 
#2
Why didn't you get a couple of laptops for yourself while the shop staff were busy?
 
#3
Run him over, take the laptops, slam them on eBay and donate the proceeds to H4H......simple as that!
 
#4
Running the pikey chav fcuk over would have been my preferred option*. That said, I might have had to tell plod that 'my foot slipped' or something........

..............are you allowed to fleece the freshly knocked down pikey for paintwork damage?


*not because its the moral or upstanding thing to do - but simply to see the look on the pikeys face as you plough into him, then jump out screaming - 'surprise c0ckbag'
 
#5
theoriginalphantom said:
Why didn't you get a couple of laptops for yourself while the shop staff were busy?
Damn. Bloody good idea.


Blue/GreenJob, I was sorely tempted to 'give chase' in the luxury of my 4x4 and I suppose I could have followed him once the store staff got tired. And then either just run him over or put him on the 'Flasheart payroll'. Ideal with chrimbo coming up and all that.

Dog soldier, he wasn't really that pikey or chav looking to be honest.
 
#6
On reflection, my first thoughts after the event weren't 'I should have phoned the police/given chase/helped', it was 'I wish I was able to get my phone out quickly so I could have filmed it'.
 
#7
Give him his dues, he legged it like Linford Christy up the road (for about a mile as far as I could see).
Since you sat there for long enough to watch him run a mile it's pretty obvious that 3 or 4 were your only choices because, if you left your designated spot, some female, (or possibly male), was going to be p1ssy that you weren't there waiting for them when they turned up...

Proving again that you're a puss... :D
 
#8
Airborne_Aircrew said:
Give him his dues, he legged it like Linford Christy up the road (for about a mile as far as I could see).
Since you sat there for long enough to watch him run a mile it's pretty obvious that 3 or 4 were your only choices because, if you left your designated spot, some female, (or possibly male), was going to be p1ssy that you weren't there waiting for them when they turned up...

Proving again that you're a puss... :D
Naa, Lady Flash was sat next to me. We'd just left the shop and got in the motor and I was going through my pre flight checks. As it happens, her first words were 'twat, I hope he drops one. I could do with a new laptop'. Her morals are lower than mine (as 45 Cdo can verify).
 
#9
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Ok, heres the sketch. I was sat in the carpark outside Currys this afternoon minding my own business when I saw a chap running out of the store with a couple of arm fulls of Laptops. My initial thoughts were 'Mmm, he seems to be in a hurry. Maybe he is trying to catch a bus?'. A second or two later, it dawned on me that he may be up to no good as he was hotly pursued by a couple of Currys staff. Here is the moral dilemma;


What was he, a fecking Octopus?
 
#10
got in the motor and I was going through my pre flight checks.
Flash, old chap... It's a fucking car... No Battery Master, no T's & P's, no Nr... Turn the key, put in gear, release brakes and poke off... You have to be a really boring twat to be a passenger with if a chap can run a mile while you do "pre-flight" on a fucking Skoda!!!!
 
#12
Morals? You fcuking hermer.
 
#13
It is notoriously difficult to run down a fleeing victim, unless you suddenly veer from a stream of passing (and therefore presumably innocent (to victim)) traffic, and catch them unawares. Drive over and past the victim to help remove limbs etc from vehicle underworks, and be prepared to hit reverse if they're still twitching. I doubt the laptops would have survived intact, especially as you drive a 4x4.
 
#15
still21inmymind said:
It is notoriously difficult to run down a fleeing victim, unless you suddenly veer from a stream of passing (and therefore presumably innocent (to victim)) traffic, and catch them unawares. Drive over and past the victim to help remove limbs etc from vehicle underworks, and be prepared to hit reverse if they're still twitching. I doubt the laptops would have survived intact, especially as you drive a 4x4.
I would have had an easy shot with the motor. He had to negotiate a roundabout to flee. Once he'd passed that, it was a straight run. On returning home, I even went through the scenario in my head. Piece of piss taking him out without damaging the laptops. (As I said, they were boxed up so should have at least survived a drop). I have a Class 4 laser mounted on my dash and would like to have brought that into play. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest as I've not really used the lasers full potential since fitting it.
 
#16
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
still21inmymind said:
It is notoriously difficult to run down a fleeing victim, unless you suddenly veer from a stream of passing (and therefore presumably innocent (to victim)) traffic, and catch them unawares. Drive over and past the victim to help remove limbs etc from vehicle underworks, and be prepared to hit reverse if they're still twitching. I doubt the laptops would have survived intact, especially as you drive a 4x4.
I would have had an easy shot with the motor. He had to negotiate a roundabout to flee. Once he'd passed that, it was a straight run. On returning home, I even went through the scenario in my head. Piece of piss taking him out without damaging the laptops. (As I said, they were boxed up so should have at least survived a drop). I have a Class 4 laser mounted on my dash and would like to have brought that into play. I'm a bit disappointed to be honest as I've not really used the lasers full potential since fitting it.
There are times when life can be bitterly cruel.
 
#17
Pre flight checks on a Toyota Prius?
 
#18
I tell a minor fib ref not using the laser. I once used it up the A34 against a legitimate target. A member of the wonderful Highways Agency engaged me in what I thought was a bit of 'laser communication'. I obliged and 'two shedded him' him with a class 4. As I drove past the van, I was surprised to see his hand had a blob of plastic melted to it. I suppose the flares I discharged may have been a give-away?
 
#19
The-Lord-Flasheart said:
Airborne_Aircrew said:
Give him his dues, he legged it like Linford Christy up the road (for about a mile as far as I could see).
Since you sat there for long enough to watch him run a mile it's pretty obvious that 3 or 4 were your only choices because, if you left your designated spot, some female, (or possibly male), was going to be p1ssy that you weren't there waiting for them when they turned up...

Proving again that you're a puss... :D
Naa, Lady Flash was sat next to me. We'd just left the shop and got in the motor and I was going through my pre flight checks. As it happens, her first words were 'twat, I hope he drops one. I could do with a new laptop'. Her morals are lower than mine (as 45 Cdo can verify).
Ah bless we remember her fondly !!, what she couldn't do with a ten metre hose, a tyre iron and 3lb's of uncut corned beef arent worth knowing.... :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pombsen-armchair-warrior Current Affairs, News and Analysis 1
spaz The NAAFI Bar 21
blind_monkey The NAAFI Bar 92

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top