Moral and Ethical shift

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by withorin, Dec 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I see from the latest CMSR for Phase One Recruits, the PQO are being shifted to the back of the class - when will the Sandhurst Slaps and civi run ATRA learn that there are real academic professional qulaifications beyond a vein full of Blue Blood. Leave the ethics and morality to those who know and who care, giving it the over burdened (often wet) platoon commanders will only see a decline in the already gutter standards of most of our soldiers - Sunday Sport Readers on the increase again.
  2. I don't think you have a clue what you are talking about :lol:
  3. CMS(R) is the Common Military Syllabus (Recruits), and PQO is usually Professionally Qualified Officers (Docs, Nurses, Lawyers, Physios, Vets, Vicars...). But even with these in mind the post doesn't make much sense.

withorin, are you saying that we shouldn't be teaching the Moral Component of Warfare to new recruits? Or the other way around?

4. International Criminal Court (ICC) comes to mind - Commanders need to be aware of their actions and the repercussions that will come about once the fighting has stopped.

You only need to look at the world stage today to see the mess that will follow in years to come :roll:
  5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Sorry, still don't get any of this. Bizarre! Is it important?
  6. i havent got a clue what hes on about (i dont think that he has either!!)
  7. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I hope he's in a position of authority within the AMS. He'd be wasted otherwise! :lol:
  8. Filbert Fox said

"havent got a clue what hes on about (i dont think that he has either!!)"
    If I were any better looking people would suspect that I was an android

Tool !!
  9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Yes he did, BA!
  10. Values and Standards for the Forces are taught, in the CMSR, by chaplains, until now! They are the PQO who have the subject knowledge, and now it is being taken away to be taught by Cpls. Tail wagging the dog or what!

Promise me you will buck up or to the Guardroom you must go!
  11. So what is your beef withorin?? Do you think the Cpls aren't qualified to teach about an ITD? Or should you get a chaplain to try and teach it to recruits and waste their time??
  12. Are you trying to suggest, albeit in a roundabout way, that the average Cpl is lacking a little somthing in the moral and ethical departments?

An interesting suggestion. :roll:
  13. cracking post BA, nice of you to echo what i had written, but usually when people quote you, you add something to it :roll:
  14. Foxy do I detect a hint of sarcasm from you, I mean that would be rare!!

Also I am still trying to work out what this is sall about
  15. Somebody stated that Cpl have no morals and shouldn't teach Morals to recruits, leave it to the Clerics.

I find it one more step on the PC bandwagon that we in the military are being subjected to :roll:

Politicians, shoot em all :twisted: