Moral and Ethical shift

#1
I see from the latest CMSR for Phase One Recruits, the PQO are being shifted to the back of the class - when will the Sandhurst Slaps and civi run ATRA learn that there are real academic professional qulaifications beyond a vein full of Blue Blood. Leave the ethics and morality to those who know and who care, giving it the over burdened (often wet) platoon commanders will only see a decline in the already gutter standards of most of our soldiers - Sunday Sport Readers on the increase again.
 
#3
CMS(R) is the Common Military Syllabus (Recruits), and PQO is usually Professionally Qualified Officers (Docs, Nurses, Lawyers, Physios, Vets, Vicars...). But even with these in mind the post doesn't make much sense.

withorin, are you saying that we shouldn't be teaching the Moral Component of Warfare to new recruits? Or the other way around?

IF
 
#4
International Criminal Court (ICC) comes to mind - Commanders need to be aware of their actions and the repercussions that will come about once the fighting has stopped.

You only need to look at the world stage today to see the mess that will follow in years to come :roll:
 
#6
i havent got a clue what hes on about (i dont think that he has either!!)
 
#8
Filbert Fox said

"havent got a clue what hes on about (i dont think that he has either!!)"
_________________
If I were any better looking people would suspect that I was an android

Tool !!
 
#10
Values and Standards for the Forces are taught, in the CMSR, by chaplains, until now! They are the PQO who have the subject knowledge, and now it is being taken away to be taught by Cpls. Tail wagging the dog or what!

Promise me you will buck up or to the Guardroom you must go!
 
#11
withorin said:
Values and Standards for the Forces are taught, in the CMSR, by chaplains, until now! They are the PQO who have the subject knowledge, and now it is being taken away to be taught by Cpls. Tail wagging the dog or what!

Promise me you will buck up or to the Guardroom you must go!
So what is your beef withorin?? Do you think the Cpls aren't qualified to teach about an ITD? Or should you get a chaplain to try and teach it to recruits and waste their time??
 
#12
Are you trying to suggest, albeit in a roundabout way, that the average Cpl is lacking a little somthing in the moral and ethical departments?

An interesting suggestion. :roll:
 
#13
bodyarmour said:
Filbert Fox said

"havent got a clue what hes on about (i dont think that he has either!!)"
_________________
If I were any better looking people would suspect that I was an android

Tool !!
cracking post BA, nice of you to echo what i had written, but usually when people quote you, you add something to it :roll:
 
#14
Filbert Fox said:
bodyarmour said:
Filbert Fox said

"havent got a clue what hes on about (i dont think that he has either!!)"
_________________
If I were any better looking people would suspect that I was an android

Tool !!
cracking post BA, nice of you to echo what i had written, but usually when people quote you, you add something to it :roll:
Foxy do I detect a hint of sarcasm from you, I mean that would be rare!!

Also I am still trying to work out what this is sall about
 
#15
Somebody stated that Cpl have no morals and shouldn't teach Morals to recruits, leave it to the Clerics.

I find it one more step on the PC bandwagon that we in the military are being subjected to :roll:

Politicians, shoot em all :twisted:
 
#16
So all Clerics have morals is that why the RC church in the USA is paying compensation to so many altar boys, a number of Protestant vicars have run away with married parishoners, the list does go on.
 
#17
D-L as for Cpls not having morals remember QEMH. Also morals is a personal thing one persons idea of morality is not always anothers.





Edited due to fat fingers
 
#18
boelynbulldog said:
Edited due to fat fingers
Been in the PIE fridge then :twisted:
 
#20
I did well to beat the lab rats to the fridge, just left a sun crossword for them to do.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J The Intelligence Cell 27
B Classified Ads 3
L Classified Ads 23

Similar threads

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top