Moon at the moon

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by bullet_catcher, Jun 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dubious science. The moon will appear to be bigger than normal tonight, for reasons more fully explained by the expert here BBC News - 'Bigger and brighter supermoon' to light up night sky

If you want to negate the effects of the optical illusion, the article says:
    "She explained that when the Moon was high in the sky, it looked normal.

But as it got closer to the horizon, a "kind of optical illusion" occurred where it looked bigger when compared with trees or houses, she said.

She suggested it might be possible to dispel the illusion by turning away from the Moon, bending over and looking at the sky from between your legs."

I'll try most things in the interests of science, but a lot of poofs will be coming out of the pubs about that time, and I am not that keen to make new friends.
  2. Dr Heather Couper, with the underlying hint of kink.

3. And an over powering smell of cabbage and piss.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. I spent an afternoon with Heather Cooper at Greenwich Planetarium in 1982, she was lush in those days.
  5. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

I liked this useful bit. It's a full moon and tends to rise as the sun sets, no great need for a clock.
  6. I don't care if it's bigger. after I've had a few if it looks at me funny like I'll ave it. Hic!
    • Like Like x 1