Monty Python's Circus Set To Fly Again

Monty Python's Circus Set To Fly Again

Surviving members John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones and Michael Palin are expected to announce their plans at a news conference in London on Thursday.

The announcement follows months of secret talks about getting back together, according to reports.

....didnt see this in Old and Bold section

chimera

LE
Now that's the sort of blinkered philistine pig-ignorance I'd come to expect from you non-creative bastards....

I bet it will be shite....a bunch of rich old blokes trying to be funny, but without the spark they had the first time.

Rodney2q

PS I saw all of the Monty Python stuff the first time round and have all of the TV series and films on DVD.

Why..........it was of its time,they ceased to be funny years ago,you can only watch the 'parrot sketch' so many times,before it becomes exceedingly fucking boring and,the last I heard one of the team was quite dead! :meditate:

Oh dear. Another pay day reunion by a group of people who, in some cases, loathe the sight of one another.

Except for the terminally nostalgic, it is most likely to be buttock-clenchingly bad. The Pythons had their best moments on celluloid. However, time has not been at all kind to most of their TV stuff. Even at the time, there was an awful lot of 'padding' and more than a little under-graduate self-indulgence. Try watching it today. It really is hard to raise so much as a sneer. Ditto their national tours.

This may be one for their accountants and/or the bank balances that have been sorely depleted in the divorce courts, but it will be sad if the likely result is what they'll be remembered for.

I used to be a big fan of The Fast Show, but quite understood when it came to an end. Then a year or two ago Foster's obviously made them an offer they couldn't refuse for them to reform for an online revival series. BIG mistake - it was utterly dire. A couple of the original characters had the good sense to give it a swerve.

Terrible thing, is greed.

Swannee Kazoo

War Hero
Why..........it was of its time,they ceased to be funny years ago,you can only watch the 'parrot sketch' so many times,before it becomes exceedingly fucking boring and,the last I heard one of the team was quite dead! :meditate:
He's not dead, he's just resting..... And maybe pining for the fjords.

Different at the time?..yes
Funny? ..no. just a load of privileged students fucking about. as for John Cleese? a one trick pony.

Latest Threads