Montane Toasty RRP £80.00 To you from RVOps £43.70!

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Good CO, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

2. Received e-mail yesterday. Excellent value and I'll probably take up on offer. I think I should point out to all the way I read it. It is offering a massive reduction of 54.62% off the normal price which would reduce it by £43.70 to £36.30. Less if you serve BFPO and get tax free(?(

3. Regarding these jackets, are they good? I know RVOps don't sell much pap, but are these worth investing in over, say, a softie? Or a buffalo?

Opinions?

4. I don't have this jacket but I do have their Extreme jacket and it's the best bit of kit I own. I have only had it a few weeks though so it's not gone through rigorous testing. Wore it in the recent snow with nothing but a Lifa underneath and I was sweating like a paedophile in Mothercare.

Really well built and has a feel of quality.

The sizes seem to run a little small so it might be worth ordering one size up...

5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Brilliant thanks for posting.

6. I have a montane jacket, the extreme smock version, they are def an excellent piece of kit. I choose it over a buffalo as not only was it slightly cheaper (I payed around £80 for mine) but they are apparently warmer and come with a hood, as opposed to the buffalo which will sting you another £20-30 for a hood depending where you get it. I've only used mine for a bit of camping and in the snow there but any time I've used it I can only manage to wear a t-shirt or thin shirt underneath to stay comfortable!

7. I have used a montane extreme for many years which is an excellent bit of kit. Just purchased one of the toasty jackets from RVOPs. At this price you can't afford to pass up such a bargain!!

8. Mongo

Mongo LE Reviewer

That's exactly right.

It should be selling for £43.29 posted, not £50.69 posted.

I know I'm being quite tight, but they should sort it out.

9. I phoned them and they said the error was with the discount percentage, and not with the checkout price..

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

A bit of a maths screw up by a young staff member apparently. The discount is down to £43 odd, so a (100 - 54)% discount. Apologies from the guys at RVOps but let's face it, it's a damned good price regardless of 54% / 46% . Sorry for the duff info. BTW I think they have this on until Monday morning.

11. Bit the bullet and, despite being poor, purchased one. Very much looking forward to receiving it and will post on here once I've had a chance to check it out.

12. Mine turned up today, it certainly is toasty! But what on earth is the black bag thing tied to it all about?

13. Saving money at rv ops ? has hell just froze over haha

14. mine arrived today excellent bit of kit for the price, packs down really small. Instead of a poxy stuff sac you get a 15 litre dry bag instead. No complaints here!

15. taken the plunge & bought one.