Mont Blanc Exped

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Big_M, Jan 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I'm hoping to spin up a AT exped to climb Mont Blanc (and some smaller things around there to acclimitise), has anyone on here done it before and have any tips, or better still, a JSATFA that I can use as a template rather than starting afresh?

Also, does anyone know specifically what instructors will be needed for this. I'm guessing Winter ML and Apline ML as a base line. I'm hoping no RCL as there are no technical climbs or KLL with no metalwork to get across.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Bring me a couple of pens back........
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Everything you need is on the Adventurous Training Group (Army) site on but this requires an ArmyNET account to get throught the Defence Gateway. This link should get you to the Gateway log in page where you can register for an account. Good luck wuith the JSATFA, they are a pain to fill in.
  4. Did it with RE Mountaineering and Exploration Club back in 77/78 - which got me off Fire Strike duties !
    Can't remember much of the technical stuff but have a Bergan-full of dits from it.
    Thoroughly worthwhile week away.
  5. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

I got mont blanc aftershave for chrimbo and thats as near as I get to exercise when i splash it on .