Monster

Monster.co.uk is obviously an international company, and I just thought i'd bring it to the attention of the masses what they do for servicemen in the US.

US Military Service (US Only)
If you select 'Active Duty,' 'Retired Military,' 'Veteran/Prior Service,' 'Reservist (drilling),' 'National Guard,' 'Inactive Reserve/Guard (not drilling),' 'Service Academy,' 'ROTC,' or 'Other Military Program,' your CV will be marked with a Veteran Icon indicating you have military experience. If you have a public (searchable) CV and military experience but would not like the Veteran Icon to show on your CV, please highlight the 'Select' option.

Government and companies in Britain take note, its little things like this that will help improve the military covenant.

Round of applause to Monster.

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
Monster are huge over here. Do they not do it for British forces too?

good in the states, might not work so well here. for every company that appreciates what a military man can bring to them, there'll be an ill-informed HR bod that thinks "trouble makers", "war-mongers" or worse. that's britain.

i concur

BrunoNoMedals

LE
Kit Reviewer
tired_chimp said:
good in the states, might not work so well here. for every company that appreciates what a military man can bring to them, there'll be an ill-informed HR bod that thinks "trouble makers", "war-mongers" or worse. that's britain.
Yeah true. I semi-thought that but didn't really want to :)

Perceptions of the armed forces will never change without measures like this. Eventually the civvy perception of soldiers will move from "trouble-making war-mongers" to "blokes with an odd dress sense, an un-PC sense of humour, a peculiar manner of speech and an ability to down huge quantities of alcohol yet still turn up at 0730 the next morning shaven and wearing freshly ironed jeans".

A law making it illegal to discriminate against member of HM Forces might be helpful too. With the 2400 other laws Labour's introduced since '97, and the string of new offences (selling a grey squirrel, impersonating a traffic warden etc), one more won't be a problem.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Intelligence Cell 4
amazing__lobster Sappers 109
Gmonster Gaming and Software 5