Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Praetorian, Sep 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is obviously an international company, and I just thought i'd bring it to the attention of the masses what they do for servicemen in the US.

Government and companies in Britain take note, its little things like this that will help improve the military covenant.

Round of applause to Monster.
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Monster are huge over here. Do they not do it for British forces too?
  3. good in the states, might not work so well here. for every company that appreciates what a military man can bring to them, there'll be an ill-informed HR bod that thinks "trouble makers", "war-mongers" or worse. that's britain.
  4. i concur
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Yeah true. I semi-thought that but didn't really want to :)
  6. Perceptions of the armed forces will never change without measures like this. Eventually the civvy perception of soldiers will move from "trouble-making war-mongers" to "blokes with an odd dress sense, an un-PC sense of humour, a peculiar manner of speech and an ability to down huge quantities of alcohol yet still turn up at 0730 the next morning shaven and wearing freshly ironed jeans".

A law making it illegal to discriminate against member of HM Forces might be helpful too. With the 2400 other laws Labour's introduced since '97, and the string of new offences (selling a grey squirrel, impersonating a traffic warden etc), one more won't be a problem.