Monster Shark Bites a Great White in Half!

Time to get my old Jaws video out again!

Crikey! After a quick look about the t'interweb, apparently it's not that uncommon for sharks to eat other sharks.

Also found this bizarre thing on wiki answers

Mother grey nurse sharks do not feed their babies in utero because there is no umbilical cord connecting the two.

So, to survive, the growing babies eat their younger siblings until there's only one pup left in each of the mother's two uteri.

"It's inter-uterine cannibalism
8O

Orca whales are found in Aussie waters, perhaps a couple of those played 'catch' with it.

Monty417 said:
Orca whales are found in Aussie waters, perhaps a couple of those played 'catch' with it.
Could be. Although the bite mark looks too small for Orca's. Orca's when hunting other whales and sharks, always eat the tongue so I've been told, so I'd imagine the face to be nibbled on too...

*Takes brainiac costume off.

BrokenArrow said:
Monty417 said:
Could be. Although the bite mark looks too small for Orca's. Orca's when hunting other whales and sharks, always eat the tongue so I've been told, so I'd imagine the face to be nibbled on too...

There was a programme the other night about whales eating sharks and they go for the liver too

linky thing

http://nature-talk.com/wildlife/whales/killer-whale/killer-whale-eats-shark.html

BrokenArrow said:
Monty417 said:

How did he manage to get a nibble out of both sides?
my money is on a propeller hit. monster sharks my arse.

I'm no expert but that does not look like a shark bite. Far too clean and no teeth left in or around the wound. A Great White P&O Propeller was perhaps the species responsible.

Trooper! said:
I'm no expert but that does not look like a shark bite. Far too clean and no teeth left in or around the wound. A Great White P&O Propeller was perhaps the species responsible.
The cleanliness of the bite depends on what kind of shark is doing the biting. A Tiger will tear at the wound while a great white is much cleaner (apparently). Also it's only a possibility of teeth being left in the wound.

I checked Rupert Murdoch's movements for the day and he was not in the office. He used to be Australian and tends to take a clean bite from competitors, so my money's on either him or that offensive, rentaquote female tory mp whose name escapes me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Intelligence Cell 4
amazing__lobster Sappers 109
Gmonster Gaming and Software 5