Monocular Recommendations.

Chaps, could any of you hunting, shooting, fishing types be able to recommend a decent monocular or pair of binos? They would need to be rugged, waterproof and quite small so that they'd fit in me coat pocket or, dare I say it, a bum bag.

I tend to go on the hills regularly where I live and like to have a shufty over the route I'm going to take between each stop. I do this to avoid people, in essence, as there's nothing worse than having to exchange pleasantries whilst trying to find a spot of solace. Also, to avoid land owners etc as it's not 100% permissible to roam on some of the better spots.

I'm looking at (no pun intended) a price range between 75-150 of the Queen's own pounds but could stretch to 200 whilst Chief of Domestic Staff isn't looking.

Ta very much.

SO110369

Clanker
Vortex 8x36 Solo/RT. Mil reticle if range finding is a consideration (available without if it isn't for less money). Mine gets used for hunting or wandering around without having to lug a pair of binoculars that might lead someone to mistake me for a birdwatcher or similar pervert.

Also available in 10 power and other objective diameters if size is a real issue, but this one, despite being the largest in the line, is still small enough to carry in a coat pocket (comes with a useful belt/webbing clip and neck strap, and useless case). 8x36 is the best compromise in terms of magnification vs. brightness.

Fully multi-coated optics, waterproof, BAK-4 prism. <$C200.00 if you shop smart, and the lesser models are obviously cheaper still.

Excellent warranty and a good company to deal with in terms of service, and very supportive of shooting sports.

Attachments

• shopping.png
    shopping.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 4
Vortex 8x36 Solo/RT. Mil reticle if range finding is a consideration (available without if it isn't for less money). Mine gets used for hunting or wandering around without having to lug a pair of binoculars that might lead someone to mistake me for a birdwatcher or similar pervert.

Also available in 10 power and other objective diameters if size is a real issue, but this one, despite being the largest in the line, is still small enough to carry in a coat pocket (comes with a useful belt/webbing clip and neck strap, and useless case). 8x36 is the best compromise in terms of magnification vs. brightness.

Fully multi-coated optics, waterproof, BAK-4 prism. <$C200.00 if you shop smart, and the lesser models are obviously cheaper still.

Excellent warranty and a good company to deal with in terms of service, and very supportive of shooting sports.
Cheers chief, had my eye on that one for a while and I’ll take that as confirmation. Have to see how my items on Fleabay are getting on first.

Latest Threads