monkeys...redcaps...RMP

Chris_2oo6 said:
just wondering, do civvie convictions bar you from joining/transferring to the corp???
Had enough of being steely eyed dealer of death already??? Wait until uou pick up, it gets better and you do less stagging on.

Chris_2oo6 said:
nah i dont want to transfer yet like

i wouldnt mind doin CP though further on down the line...
I wouldn't join them with the intention of going CP as you might not just be able to get in. You may end up doing drink drivers at JHQ for the next 10 years.

However I am not the knowledge box on this subject so i'll shut up. Stick it out in the inf. You know you want to finish up your career with a bayonet on your belt, fcuked knees, no hair and two divorces.

Here - no-one told me I was entitled to two divorces - someone else must have had mine. :?

Got the rest though (and only as a STAB!)

Back on thread - my Grandaddy got into the MMP after a problem while in CivPol (he was found not guilty, we're told) - but as it was 1916, perhaps they were less choosy? Probably depends what you've done?

Happy 2008 to y'all

Bad_Crow said:
Chris_2oo6 said:

I wouldn't join them with the intention of going CP as you might not just be able to get in. You may end up doing drink drivers at JHQ for the next 10 years.

However I am not the knowledge box on this subject so i'll shut up. Stick it out in the inf. You know you want to finish up your career with a bayonet on your belt, fcuked knees, no hair and two divorces.
yeah i dont mind the inf, but not sure if i could stick it out long term

at the mo i have no intention of leaving after my first 4 are up..

Chris_2oo6 said:
Bad_Crow said:
Chris_2oo6 said:

yeah i dont mind the inf, but not sure if i could stick it out long term

at the mo i have no intention of leaving after my first 4 are up..
Get a tape up in the inf, preferably two. Its something nobody can take away from you and its always useful to fall back on. SCBC qualified will always look good on your CR when you ask the organ grinder to take you on. Plus as monkey your going to have to spend YEARS as a full screw so you may aswell do it on the better wages you have transferred over with.

I'll check with regards to your situation and transferring to the RMP, and PM you with further advice if you want.

If you intend to VT to the RMP with the intention of purely doing CP (I'll quit with the acronyms now), you will be dissapointed. Obviously, you'll first get posted to a General Police Duties company, and if you're lucky, and manage to convince your boss, you may get a shot at the course.

Even after this, you may not deploy for some time, depending on the current OP requirements, and you will be doing Policing in the periods inbetween.

In other words, CP is a perk of being in the RMP, however if you are not interested in Policing, then do not bother even thinking of transferring - you will not enjoy it, as you cannot stay in the CP world forever.

T

Timble said:
, as you cannot stay in the CP world forever.
Oh I don't know, there are still a few career Cpl's kicking around who had a damn good try :p

Bad_Crow said:
Plus as monkey your going to have to spend YEARS as a full screw so you may aswell do it on the better wages you have transferred over with.
True on the length of time as a full screw part, but RMP are on the higher band. Well up to Sgt anyway.

Back to the original point, I transfered and I had some Minor Previous Convictions. I'm not an expert, but I think that it is decided on a case by case basis.

MoNkEy271 said:
Back to the original point, I transfered and I had some Minor Previous Convictions. I'm not an expert, but I think that it is decided on a case by case basis.
That is why no one has any respect for the RMP. They recruit criminals to try and maintain law and order? You are joking.

Chris_2oo6 said:
just wondering, do civvie convictions bar you from joining/transferring to the corp???
I think you will find Chris that nowheredays, any previous convictions, particularly for violence and dishonesty will preclude a transfer.

The party line just before I completed my service, was that people are lining up to join as DE's. (That was a subliminal message to the old and bold, to vote with your feet if you want to, because we, the CoC don't care).

You need a minimum of two GCSE's at Grade C in Maths and English. Those candidates who do not hold these qualifications, will be subjected to written tests during their two week attachment, but they are easy enough.

The previous respondents were correct, line managers (Myself included), like to see new recruits/transferees 'straight out of the box', to be put to work before they are allowed to swan off on the CP course, preferring to load those who have earned the privilage. If they are successful, you are not likely to see them again for a long time.

It will be shifts and lots of 'policework' if your in Germany, before are likely to get on the course. Certainly for the first 18 - 24 months.

That being said, each unit is usually told how many people to provide for courses and it depends how many suitable candidates are available at any given time.

Given the recent tempo of operations, CP qualified NCO's are in demand and therefore in short supply.

That being said, in recent times LCpl's have been loaded on the course, and this appears to be the norm, rather than the exception.

Candidates are assessed, at unit level, usually by qualified Close Protection guys, prior to being loaded onto the course.

To fail it, brings embarrassment on the individual and his unit.

This link may help in the interim period;

http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/Jobs/JobDetail.htm?armyjobid=AGC300/309&category=3

You may find however, that your unit will be less than eager to lose you and may actively seek (By hook or by crook), to discourage the process.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D The NAAFI Bar 24
Sekundra The Intelligence Cell 5
R Army Pay, Claims & JPA 7