Monkey Run; why on earth is it still taught?

Never used outside of training, and it hurts.

So why is it still taught ( or am I out of date? )

BB

Never had to leave a nurse's home covertly then?

Indeed, because you can evade/avoid taxes!

Bravo_Bravo said:
Never used outside of training, and it hurts.

So why is it still taught ( or am I out of date? )

BB
As soon as one of our commonwealth brethen complain about it, It will stop (or at least change name).

I was always led to believe it was developed from carrying a casualty with leg wounds underneath you (underslung) and they hugged your torso? Quicker than dragging.. I might be wrong...

i have been taught monkey run to be used for a casualty who can not walk but who is concious they place there hands around your neck and you use the monkey run as a fast method to keep low.

I thought it was just a punishment! Like touring the harbour on your belt buckle telling the whole Pl that you're a lizzard... in the style of Madonna.

"Like a Lizzard... Ooh! Touched for the very first time"

T C

The bit I query is the "need" to use your knuckles on the ground, not the posture as such.

Apologies for bone posting.

We were once forced to Monkey Run for about 3 miles by the QMSI on Battlecamp at Grobbendonk once, then about an hour later we did a BFT. My time was about 2 mins slower than normal.

I fcuking hate Monkey Runs.

Best thing about being a civvy.

the reason for doing it on your nuckles , is so if there are sharp objects on the ground instead of going through palm of your hand it will go between the gap of your fingers in theory.

ugly

LE
Just Jay writes:I will never grow up. If I ever have children and they give me any lip I will inform them that I shagged their mum
I do that now mate and it works!