Monkey Magic!!!

#1
Whilst hopping from channel to channel last night I stumbled upon a repeat of the seminal 70s kung fu show Monkey.

I have fond memories of this program but last night, I was amazed to see monkey turn into a mouse!

I couldn't remember him doing that before, I remember the cloud, the stick and the warriors fron the chest hair but not the mouse.

Its on ITV4 every night - not to be missed.
 
#2
They're bringing out a remake: (c) BBC:

An ambitious remake of Japan's most successful television drama Saiyuki (Monkey) is causing a stir across Asia.

The new version of the 1978 drama broke ratings records last month with one in three Japanese viewers tuning in.

Companies in Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong and Singapore have secured rights and makers Fuji TV have had inquiries from Thailand, China and Malaysia.

[align=center]...[/align]

An undisclosed British TV company has secured the rights to the new 11-episode remake and will broadcast the show later this year, reports say.
 
#4
norfolk_boy said:
Thanks for the link D_B, but it didn't say who will play tripitaka. I hope its another young nubile bird!!!
No doubt the japs have updated it by adding her getting bukkakied by Pigsy, monkey and that gormless looking one..
 
#5
They are also showing "The water margin." Which was the thinking man's monkey.
Question- Was tripitaka a bloke or a bird. And if it was a bird, would you?
 
#7
the_rigger said:
They are also showing "The water margin." Which was the thinking man's monkey.
Question- Was tripitaka a bloke or a bird. And if it was a bird, would you?
Or was it a bird playing a bloke disguised as a bird?
 
#8
A Classic Indeed!!!

Anyone remember the Water Margin? that was excellent also...


Gundulph
 
#10
JRHartley said:
norfolk_boy said:
Thanks for the link D_B, but it didn't say who will play tripitaka. I hope its another young nubile bird!!!
No doubt the japs have updated it by adding her getting bukkakied by Pigsy, monkey and that gormless looking one..
There's got to be some scat action to give it an authentic 21st C Jap, erm, flavour...
 

Sixty

ADC
Moderator
Book Reviewer
#13
norfolk_boy said:
http://www.monkeyheaven.com/masako.html

It was definitely a bird... Shes quite reasonable now

Um...she's also dead. Died of leukemia in 85.

Edited because JR beat me to it.
 
#16
norfolk_boy said:
http://www.monkeyheaven.com/masako.html

It was definitely a bird... Shes quite reasonable now
I doubt that, she died in 1985!

MENTAL NOTE TO SELF: After checking external link, refresh page before posting out-of-date reply.
 
#19
just got a dvd with three episodes on it. introduced the kids to monkey magic and the bloody loved it! what a class act.
 
#20
Gundulph said:
A Classic Indeed!!!

Anyone remember the Water Margin? that was excellent also...


Gundulph
yeh remember it well good series. it,s available on dvd got several episodes starting from the beginning.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top