Monkey kills cruel owner with coconut

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Mar 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As one does.

Monkey 'kills cruel owner with coconut thrown from tree'

A monkey who was forced to climb palm trees by his owner took revenge by killing him with a coconut.

"The animal threw the missile from the top of a tree after becoming frustrated with his tiring labour, according to reports.

Leilit Janchoom, 48, had employed the monkey to pick coconuts which he could then sell for around 4p each.

The animal – named Brother Kwan – found the work tedious and strenuous but Mr Janchoom refused to let him rest, dishing out beatings if he refused to climb trees.

It is believed that the monkey eventually snapped, and targeted his owner from a high branch with one of the hard-skinned fruits.

Mr Janchoom, from the province of Nakorn Sri Thammarat in Thailand, died on the spot after being struck by the coconut, according to reports in a local newspaper.

The dead man's wife said that the monkey had "seemed lovable" when they bought him for £130.

News of the attacks comes after scientists disclosed this week that a chimpanzee at a Swedish zoo became so annoyed at being gawked at by tourists in a zoo that he started creating weapons to hurl at them.

Santino the chimp would calmly collect stones and fashion discs made out of concrete even when the zoo was closed, to throw at visitors when they returned.

Scientists believe his behaviour is the strongest proof yet that humans are not the only creatures which can make plans for the future"

So, hope for us all then :roll:

2. Damn and Chartlon Heston's popped his cloggs we're doomed

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

He employed the animal? Should have given him a proper wage, holidays, breaks. Perhaps he'd be alive today.

4. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Jest not. the way the world is going, primates will be entitled to 'ooman rights within 10 years.

5. As the monkey was employed does he now get unemployment benefits due to an industrial accident causing his business to go bust.
    He`ll be getting asylum and a council house in the UK next. Can`t wait for the next Jeremy Kyle show about paternity and out stroll 2 chavs and the monkey hurling coconuts about the studio.

6. Thought this was an RMP revenge kiling. 8)

7. Just how did they know that the monkey found the work tedious and strenuous? Have we found a way to talk to monkeys?

8. He makes a cracking cuppa though.

9. These days he's more likely to be on Facebook, every other f*cker is.
    I have sent my boss a link to this, as a friendly warning. We don't have coconuts but we do have filing cabinets...

10. It all becomes clear, three's a crowd :wink:

11. Shouldn't get involved with monkey business.

12. Has anyone checked to see if the monkey took out any suspiciously large insurance policies in the days before?...

13. Sadly no, I am not simian, perhaps if I was then I'd be in with a better chance of understanding my job.
    The boss's wife is now shacked up with the monkey; she can be heard going "Oo oo ah ah ah ah ah ah ah ah" every night.

14. I never knew a coconut was a fruit - Whodathunkit!

15. So is a tomato.