Monitoring Weight Gain and Bullying

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by phil37, Aug 7, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A female soldier, let's call her Bob, has joined my section. She's recently been released from Bordon and is currently on remedial PT because she is unable to run 500 metres without stopping and regularly falls out of the group during a slow run - although she can pass a PFA.

Photos of her in basic show a slim-looking version of the lard bucket. Not to be sexist, there are plenty of young, obese male soldiers at my unit but these are mostly RAC and not my concern.

Further prying reveals that she spends the majority of her spare time drinking copious amounts of german beer and consuming pretzels by the dozen.

The problem is that we are deploying next year and I don't want a liability in my section. I've got a feeling that she is intentionally heading towards being non-deployable and it shouldn't be too long before an injury arises that leads to her becoming permanently downgraded.

Everytime I see her 5 foot frame, expansion has taken place.

Would it be seen as bullying if I brought a set of scales into work so as to monitor her weight gain?

2. No, you would simply be showing your concern for her health. And everyone else's!

3. You're in the Naafi, are you expecting a serious answer?

4. She can deploy if she gets bigger just tether her to some rope attach a camera to her head and use her as an "on station" spy blimp

5. I'm fairly sure you can't weigh her as you're not (I'm assuming) a medical type. You could ask her what she weighs but it would be up to her whether she wants to tell you or not. You could refer her to the MO, I suppose?

As it's the NAAFI, have you considered kicking her back doors in on a regular basis to work the weight off her?

6. Pass her round the section, she will soon shed the pounds. You will be doing her a favour.

7. Maybe it's a reaction to your continual pestering her for sexual favours!

8. I can't imagine you could get away with weighing her alone without it being seen as some for of victimisation. The solution would be to get the entire section in and weigh them together.

Once you've crossed that barrier, you can introduce the question of communal showers.

9. Just groom and shag, you don't really care if she is a munter do you?

10. Remove the chocolate biscuits off your desk when you do her in the office!

11. the answer is simple- make her go ontop! I heard one woman lost 200 lbs that way.

12. Why don't you just have more PT for everbody?

13. There has to be somthing wrong with that..

14. There is, you missed an E out of something.