Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Major_Catastrophe, Aug 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have recently found this site (and having become somewhat addicted to it as well) I must say that I find most postings very amusing and generally rather erudite as well. However, can someone tell me is the word MONG still in use on an everyday basis in the army as it seems to be on show quite often in peoples postings.

I love all of the slang that is used in here, and quite often contemplate what some terms even mean for a while. The word MONG just seems so very dated (and obviously not very PC either), and sort of has a bit of a nasty ring to it.

Not wanting to sound like some silly old tosser with nothing to but moan but isn't it time the words DOWNS or special needs was introduced?

My son wears the green gear and has an uncle who is of the above description and has quite happily adopted the term DOWNSEY, well within my earshot anyway.
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Fiver says he uses "mong" when you're not there. He's a soldier, for Gawd's sake. Even our esteemed military royalty use it :D
  3. Had a boss called Larry Downes he certainly fitted the bill, always preferred the term "mucking fuppet."
  4. A tenner says that he uses "raspberry ripple", "spacka", and "fcuktard" too!
  5. A mong does not need to have Downs - I think your are thinking of MMllaaarrrrrrs.
  6. Wahhhhh....
  7. I am no expert on mental disability. However, my understanding is that MONG is short for Mongol, which in turn is the name given to thos from Mongolia whose facial features bore a resembalance to those with Downs syndrome. Maybe a pile of bollocks, but that is how I understand it.
  8. They get piles on their balls??? Ouch.
  9. WAH!!!!!
  10. I am quite sure he does and have no problem with it whatsoever (although I must admit the term 'spacka' is new to me). I just hope he can sound a touch more eloquent than the masses and use the word DOWNSEY as his preferred choice of insult.
  11. Gundulph you fcuker, you stole my Wah.
  12. You have to be quick nowadays on ARRSE to get your Wah in... there are some Top Wahists out there... :wink:
  13. From the Urbandictionary:

mong retard idiot spaz spastic twat spacker fool ming tard stupid mongoloid gay moron monged dumbass ugly minger joey monging wanker cunt tosser spack

obviously compiled by someone with Tourettes
  14. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Or girly journo?

"An undercover Sun reporter posing as a complete fild has unearthed proof that...."

Thank Christ shes not onto the torture chambers at Lisburn.
  15. Dukey,
    Nobody mentions the Green Room at Lisburn.
    C0ck,you've made me do it now!