Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mongomania - can we survive it?

REMEbrat said:
Never mind no sense of shame, living a worthless shameful life seems to be encouraged amongst today's yoof!

There's nothing inherently wrong with living a shameful life, providing, of course, that it's done with a degree of style, panache and verve... and something else French. It's also quite wonderful to hear that the humble Trilby is back in fashion. Though for some of us it never went out.

It's not so much shame as a lack of responsibility. People need to know that they cannot act in an anti social way with impunity. An individual's rights must not allow them to infringe those of others.

Once again, I think of my experiences of being picked on and the way it has damaged my social life, career and relationships, and the way the main culprits went unpunished. Despite always being in trouble with the law and making no effort at school, these people have basically been rewarded and allowed to prosper. Did anyone get told off for spitting at me on the sports field because I couldn't catch a ball (brain damage strikes again)? No!

My proposals earlier cannot be used to discriminate against any racial or religious group, any income group, any vocational group or anything else. They are about decency.

We need to links rights and responsibilities. ASBOs don't work, but I suspect braiding ASBO onto an offenders forehead would, as would kneecapping. However, hurting their so called image would. So I propose making offenders were an item that identifies them as offenders. I might make them cool to their peers, however, a few restrictions will make them think twice. I would propose:

Banning them from buying alcohol.

Banning them from sporting or other public events, pubs, clubs, etc.

Encouraging shopkeepers to serve them last, even if their at the front of a queue, other are to be served first.

Banning them from international travel.

Making them wear the identifying item to interviews, etc.

Perhaps kneecapping was a better idea?

Regarding education, we need to differentiate between traditional, hard (and useful) subjects such as Mathematics, the Sciences, Engineering, IT based things and (grits teeth) traditional intellectual subjects like History, Geography, English or foreign languages, and waste of space ones like media studies, leisure studies (WTF?), etc. The desire to get bums on seats means than these easy options have come to the fore. This must stop. We need to place value on intellect and common sense, and hard work etc. To my mind the person who leaves school and joins the Army and does well, the person who leaves school and learns a trade, and the person who does on to study (say) Engineering have all done well. All three are valuable and contribute to society, unlike the feckless petty criminal or the celebrity worshiping media studies student who would be better off doing a basic skills course.

Ex service personnel can often be found as mature students, where they do well due to having discipline and self reliance.

As for dumbing down of TV, well I don't know what the answer is but I agree. I cannot stand the shallowness of things like Hollyoaks or things like that. I was/am a fan of Bottom, whilst much of it was toilet humour many of the jokes were quite sophisticated, or the Simpsons with its parody on real life. Compare these to Little Britain or other shows which depend on simple lines delivered repeatedly, where the viewer appears not to be trusted to decide what's funny and what isn't.

Must stop rambling. I'm off to commit some exercise!

Last edited:
Yokel said:
Banning them from buying alcohol.
Banning them from sporting or other public events, pubs, clubs, etc.
Encouraging shopkeepers to serve them last, even if their at the front of a queue, other are to be served first.
Banning them from international travel.
Making them wear the identifying item to interviews, etc.

Perhaps kneecapping was a better idea?

Surely against their 'Human' Rights...... :roll:

Surely some left wing bleater would step in, someone along the lines of Harriet Harperson or another Labour waste of space.

(No they won't, and don't call me Shirley (sorry))

most polititians are left wing wastes off space.someone sensible should put a stop to this mongomania or else the average iq will drop as the mong horde will eventually overthrough the earth and instead of being called a mong as an insult the insult will be being called smart.

MR.Cairo said:
the insult will be being called smart.

That's already happened to me. I once had to eject a couple of knackers from a supermarket I worked in (they had assaulted one of the managers).

I assisted one of these pikey gentlemen through the door whereupon he turned around and said "you smart cnut" before landing a fairly heavy punch to the side of my head (we kept them out until the cops turned up and battered them around the car park - ah happy days :D )

I reckon that a good way to start in on the mongs would be this (cadged directly from Wisconsin, where they're trying to give their welfare mongs a kick up the arrse):

Start with the principle that you are not entitled to receive benefits indefinitely, unless completely and demonstrably crippled. This bit is very important; even someone in a wheelchair can do some limited work, and should IMHO.
So, if you lose your job, then you then get a month of full Jobseeker's Allowance with full support to try to get you back in work. After the month is up, the Jobseeker's Allowance then ceases completely.

To replace it, you set up Council-run work schemes, which pay more or less what dole does and are basically not very nice, and for which the person will get paid AS LONG AS they turn up to work, and actually do some work.
If the claimant doesn't turn up, then they don't get paid, simple as that. If they turn up and do zilch, they don't get paid either. Permit a small amount of sickness leave, but if the claimant starts swinging it, cut off their money. DO NOT bow down to the whinging liberals here; the pay absolutely has to be pay for work done and if the claimant can't find time in his busy schedule to work, he'll just have even more time on account of not having the money to eat either.

Secondly, abolish child benefit and replace it by amending the tax system. Boost the tax-free allowance to what full-time work on minimum wage would bring in and index-link it and put a flat rate in above that; a classic Flat Tax, on other words. Set the allowance so the poor never see the taxman at all; this means that if you don't take the money off 'em, you don't need complex schemes like tax credits to give it back to 'em. This saves money since you can sack government clerks.

Thirdly, take a leaf out of the Dutch Government's book. They say that everyone under 18 is a child, and a child is the responsibility of its parents. So, if a teenager gets pregnant, she doesn't get child benefit and she doesn't get free housing, but she and her parents get to support the new kid (amazing how good a contraceptive this one is!).

The problem now is that the mongs don't associate work and money and don't fear joblessness. The other problem is that we could do with recycling much more rubbish, but to do that it needs sorting. Why not solve two problems in one and stick the former dole scum on a rubbish sorting line sorting out what can be recycled in return for slave-labour wages?

How about paying mongs £10k , male and female to have irreversible sterilisation ? initial outlay could be high but it would be an incredible long term investment .

Mongomania is here to stay and it will be our downfall.

Humans have now evolved as far as we are ever going too and now we are in decline.
This decline is being accelerated by our own decay-dence, better known as decadence.

All the vices, comforts and conveniences of society contribute to this and we shall soon reach a point where we become vulnerable to some other major influence.

History shows a similar thing has happened before - the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
They reached a peak, then decadence crept in and they became vulnerable to - Christianity.

More recently, Germany was in a decline and Nazi fascism arose... No doubt, historians could find other examples of this principle too.

Any guesses as to what will be the next major influence to cause a great change? I suspect that Crime Culture and Islam will be contenders; but that something else will come out on top. Hopefully this won't be in our lifetime, but I feel certain it's the direction we're taking.

Mongomania is here to stay and it will be our downfall.

Humans have now evolved as far as we are ever going too and now we are in decline.
This decline is being accelerated by our own decay-dence, better known as decadence.

All the vices, comforts and conveniences of society contribute to this and we shall soon reach a point where we become vulnerable to some other major influence.

History shows a similar thing has happened before - the rise and fall of the Roman Empire.
They reached a peak, then decadence crept in and they became vulnerable to - Christianity.

More recently, Germany was in a decline and Nazi fascism arose... No doubt, historians could find other examples of this principle too.

Any guesses as to what will be the next major influence to cause a great change? I suspect that Crime Culture and Islam will be contenders; but that something else will come out on top. Hopefully this won't be in our lifetime, but I feel certain it's the direction we're taking.

Perhaps the problem in the last few decades has been the decline of national identity, coupled with the decline in traditional values, and the reluctance to hold people to account.

At the same time people are largely insulated from certain facts of life, and therefore do not necessarily value the important things.

I find myself becoming more and more alienated from the "modern" world.

I don't watch soaps, reality TV or any "shopping channels" and I get told off for pointing out various rip-offs.

I refuse to pay for Sky TV channels - why would I pay to watch channels full of adverts?

My family, including SWMBO, think I am a cynical dinosaur.

Who has the Mess Webley?