Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mongolian Army

Im not buying it, if that was the case the Chinese would be in there just like they are in Africa.

Its that bleak, barren and desolate that companies wont even dump their toxic waste there.

Possibly due to some kind of racial memory of what happened to the last bunch of bat-eaters who seriously annoyed the Mongolians... ;)

Last edited:
There was a Mongolian contingent when I was out in South Sudan. They were up in Bentiu.

They were a pretty punchy lot. They managed to slot a few blokes, which isn't bad going for a UN tour.

We referred to them as the MongBat.

Memory is a bit hazy but I'm sure they were equipped with Diemacos. Also had a pretty strong alpha male mindset.

Possibly due to some kind of racial memory of what happened to the last bunch of bat-eaters who seriously annoyed the Mongolians... ;)
The Dzungar Genocide. Who are the Dzungars, you ask?

Exactly.

Genghis, "You killed around 600,000 men, women and children? That's so cute" :)
He who genocides last genocides longest.

Qianlong - 1, Amursana - nil.

There was a Mongolian contingent when I was out in South Sudan. They were up in Bentiu.

They were a pretty punchy lot. They managed to slot a few blokes, which isn't bad going for a UN tour.

We referred to them as the MongBat.

Memory is a bit hazy but I'm sure they were equipped with Diemacos. Also had a pretty strong alpha male mindset.
Aaar, yes, I had the honour and pleasure to be involved with their (first ever UN) deployment early Jan 2012, and they were very professional and well-prepared in accordance with the Contingent Owned Equipment requirements of the Big Organisation, considering the procurement/supply difficulties inherent in the time-frames of approving, budgetting, setting-up, deploying and establishing Missions. Advance Party (3-4 in each airlift) and Essential/quality of life stuff and EO went by air (10x IL-76), to create their Sites from greenfield locations, with the main body equipment by rail from UlaanBaator thru’ China, sea to Mombasa, then road to location ... into the middle of the Equatorial Wet Season, which occasioned some very late changes to some of their vehicles/equipment configurations; bemused, they were when I told ‘em to remove all non-permanently-affixed bits from their surface-moved kit, as it wouldn’t be there upon arrival to destination, but they complied, especially after seeing the results of other contingents’ Mombasa transits. Great blokes and blokesses to work with, but nails in -ridiculous degrees Celsius, working in shirtsleeves ... and I had five layers on ... bit different from a Brisbane summer, to be sure! Buggrit, can’t attach pics ... will sort after the sun gets up.

Last edited:
They are big fans of Zhukov

51169607-0352-4096-B68F-B10CDD3F3D8B.jpeg

They are big fans of Zhukov

View attachment 519553
... those chaps in their resplendent “Ghengis” uniforms are their Presidential Guard ... one of the selection criteria is that they must be head ‘n shoulders above the average height. They do a pretty good presentation parade, with much sabre swirling and aggressive “advance at onlookers” drill piece. I dunno what they feed’em, but I’d rather have to vittle ‘em for a week than a month, or longer!

Attachments

• A207A598-1E79-44A4-9C0E-EB2991B98905.jpeg
    A207A598-1E79-44A4-9C0E-EB2991B98905.jpeg
    286.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 4FCBEFE9-26FC-4D76-944C-503576EB18BC.jpeg
    4FCBEFE9-26FC-4D76-944C-503576EB18BC.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 29
... those chaps in their resplendent “Ghengis” uniforms are their Presidential Guard ... one of the selection criteria is that they must be head ‘n shoulders above the average height. They do a pretty good presentation parade, with much sabre swirling and aggressive “advance at onlookers” drill piece. I dunno what they feed’em, but I’d rather have to vittle ‘em for a week than a month, or longer!

:oops:

Further to my earlier about deploying MonBatt to UNMISS, with pre-deploy prep during Jan '12 [quite cold], and actual uplift during late Mar/Apr '12 [considerably colder, with bitter winds], herewith pics, coz it did happen:

UN Mongolia 14Jan12 Essentials.jpg
060112 TEU Count w-Eeggii.jpg
IMG00706-20120109-1412.jpg
IMG00850-20120327-1616.jpg
IMG00887-20120331-1234.jpg
IMG00908-20120409-1953.jpg
IMG00916-20120411-2058.jpg

Latest Threads