Money owed from the MOD

In 2013 after splitting up with the ex I was given a bill for the garden she left in bad order.

I have been paying a direct debit to Citibank for years and totally forgot about it. I've subsequently payed well over what was owed.

The problem is I have no details of who to contact to try and get my money back. Can anyone please help

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
In 2013 after splitting up with the ex I was given a bill for the garden she left in bad order.

I have been paying a direct debit to Citibank for years and totally forgot about it. I've subsequently payed well over what was owed.

The problem is I have no details of who to contact to try and get my money back. Can anyone please help
No.

Are you sure it's a direct debit?
With direct debits the payee has to ask your bank for the money each month, and you have the direct debit guarantee which will refund you
Just tell the bank when it should have stopped and get your money back
Though whether it's so simple for 'years' is to be seen - you ought to have noticed (remember that 2013 to now at 2 years is only just years)

Was it a standing order? In which case you have told your bank to pay an amount for a period of time - or indefinitely
Again tell your bank to stop and if you had given a time limit / number of payments then it's their mistake

For the garden it would have been billed by the DE Ops Housing / DIO
Now you will have to start with the NHP help desk in Carillion Amey to deal with ensuring it stops and that you get the balance back
Service Family Accommodation

If she's currently residing under the patio, it might be wise to just cancel the bank payments and hope for the best.