Monday morning at dark o'clock...

Maybe that's why I live in London! :p
Do you stay clear of the sh1tholes and just let people come to yours? London has some very dodgy areas.

Maybe that's why I live in London! :p
Detroit is were I went through the immigration process, used to live up in Petoskey. That's before we got fed up with the high taxes, shit roads, crap schools and low wages, moved out West and never been happier. No sales tax, no exorbitant property taxes, better wages, better roads and better schools.

Detroit is were I went through the immigration process, used to live up in Petoskey. That's before we got fed up with the high taxes, shit roads, crap schools and low wages, moved out West and never been happier. No sales tax, no exorbitant property taxes, better wages, better roads and better schools.
You got fed up with the D and headed West?

Probably. Unless he is talking about Petoskey, which is "up north," not much to do.
Petoskey was nice enough but we got fed up of Michigan period. Taxed out of near existence and feck all to show for it. BiL who is still in Petoskey has the same make and year vehicle as me (RAM2500), he pays more for insurance for that one vehicle than I pay for mine and SWMBO's vehicles combined.

Petoskey was nice enough but we got fed up of Michigan period. Taxed out of near existence and feck all to show for it. BiL who is still in Petoskey has the same make and year vehicle as me (RAM2500), he pays more for insurance for that one vehicle than I pay for mine and SWMBO's vehicles combined.
MI does have the highest insurance rates in the entire country.

Any particular reason you went to Petoskey?

Any thing nearby you thought looked promising?

487CCC0B-8D0B-419E-908A-B6F0BC242293.jpeg

It's all happening in the area of the D.
@PlasticCabDriver

Petoskey is actually quite far up north from the D. But it's beautiful up there.

If you can, go across the bridge to Upper Peninsula. It's beautiful up there with not a lot of people around and great outdoors. Visit Pictured Rocks National park for some cracking scenery. And while you are in the UP, eat some great Pasties!

End of summer/ fall is a great time to visit as the leaves turn in color and look awesome.

Going in winter is great if you a snow mobile! You can legally drive those things on roads and highways!

Also Mackinac Island is good. Have to take the ferry to get there, you can't drive on the island, it's quite small, you can cycle/walk/ take stage coaches around. And great sunday fudge! That's where the summer residence of MI governor is.

Used to be an old British army post! ;)...for a bit...before you lost the fort...and then gained it and lost it again..and went in just for a bit.
Today in 1763, the British lost Fort Michilimackinac

Last edited: