Monday morning at dark o'clock...

I got to work just after 7 this morning. Allowing for 10 minutes or so for the duff PC to boot up, I had waded through the huge cough pile of emails awaiting my attention and was all done by just after 8. I am now looking very busy. Oh yes, very busy indeed.
I found ignoring them for around 24/48 hours rendered the majority inconsequential anyway, often leaving 5% at most worthy of my time.
As the old cliche goes "Meetings are where 1 person takes minutes, while everyone else give hours"

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
A geezer near me owns a couple of big clothing brands, several high end hotels and restaurants ( they are bloody good) and his own brewery
he does not do email
nor text
you have to ring him and speak or face to face, he does not even own a smartphone just a tatty old Nokia
works for him

I do like it. It's an underdog with a lot going for it. It's a challenging city for sure. And you need to be switched on to live/ work there.

That said, I grew up/ lived in Ann Arbor which is west of the D. But D was my second home, so to speak.
I always had you down as someone who loved the D, and it's pleasing to hear you speak of the D as your second home. I know it can be challenging to accommodate the D but you seem to embrace it better than anyone else I know.

Does he swivel moistly upon it with a faraway look in his eyes...?

A geezer near me owns a couple of big clothing brands, several high end hotels and restaurants ( they are bloody good) and his own brewery
he does not do email
nor text
you have to ring him and speak or face to face, he does not even own a smartphone just a tatty old Nokia
works for him
He'll like the new hipster Punkt smart phones then, no social media and experience that's more 1998 than 2018

I always had you down as someone who loved the D, and it's pleasing to hear you speak of the D as your second home. I know it can be challenging to accommodate the D but you seem to embrace it better than anyone else I know.
If you like things like music (D has one of the best music scenes in the U.S., bar none - and cheap too for top acts!), sports - no other city has all the major teams [Pistons, Redwings, Lions, Tigers] playing in one downtown , architecture - agains some of the best in the U.S. - Detroit was the richest city in the U.S. for a long time - performing arts/symphony - not my thing but is really good, decent food etc., with some edginess thrown in, you will like the city. It's not super sparkly like some of the other cities and is run down in places, but I actually do like it that way. It's a very "genuine" city. No pretence here. Just don't slow cruise around dodgy neighborhoods after midnight.

Lot's of businesses like Google etc. have opened offices in Detroit in the beautiful old buildings to take advantage of the talent and cheap rental space.

I do like it. It's an underdog with a lot going for it. It's a challenging city for sure. And you need to be switched on to live/ work there.

That said, I grew up/ lived in Ann Arbor which is west of the D. But D was my second home, so to speak.
Snigger.

If you like things like music (D has one of the best music scenes in the U.S., bar none - and cheap too for top acts!), sports - no other city has all the major teams [Pistons, Redwings, Lions, Tigers] playing in one downtown , architecture - agains some of the best in the U.S. - Detroit was the richest city in the U.S. for a long time - performing arts/symphony - not my thing but is really good, decent food etc., with some edginess thrown in, you will like the city. It's not super sparkly like some of the other cities and is run down in places, but I actually do like it that way. It's a very "genuine" city. No pretence here. Just don't slow cruise around dodgy neighborhoods after midnight.

Lot's of businesses like Google etc. have opened offices in Detroit in the beautiful old buildings to take advantage of the talent and cheap rental space.
Someone once said that American people just didn't understand humour or sarcasm.

Apparently.......

I heard The D is overated- unless you are fond of stabby action in sh1tholes.