Mon Night- UKTV home 21:00 - Ty Penningtons Homes for the Brave

Saw a trailer for it and thought it might be worth highligthing.

Ty Pennington's Homes for the Brave
Starts UKTV Home @ 21:00 monday 20th

Probably over-the-top heartstring tugging, but you can't fault the cause. Notwithstanding the countless statements that this is something the MOD/local housing authourity/etc should be dealing with first.

Ty's on a mission to radically improve the homes of five soldiers who have worked in some of the world's most hostile environments. It's no surprise their homes have been neglected - and are now in desperate need of a makeover!

During this emotional series, our larger-than-life presenter must revamp and redesign homes to meet the needs of soldiers who’ve recently returned from the front-line.

These include Kate, the first British female solider to lose a leg in a bomb blast in, who’s looking to revamp her home; Frenchie and Tyler who have both suffered debilitating injuries and need help with their house; and Charlene, who struggles when her husband is away on duty and needs a total makeover to her house.
lovehome.co.uk: About Ty Pennington's Homes For The Brave

No one commenting on this? I just watched it and couldn't help thinking there were more deserving cases than a WO1 marked to a SSgt ( combined income of what, 65k?)

From the title I was expecting maybe converted houses for guys wounded on tour etc

When the programme was first put out it was called MOD homemakeover and the criteria was you had to have you own house, put some one in for it and see what happened!

They wanted differant stories for the programme i.e Injured, leaving forces, both serving etc! The programme deciede who went on after the initial interviews and applications. Don't ask don't get! Good on all of them!!

Latest Threads