MOLLE shoulder sling

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by timheadford, Nov 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am looking for a very simple thing which seems very hard to source.

I need a simple shoulder sling/harness which would go diagonally over
    the shoulder, messenger-bag-style, and clip onto a belt, front and
    back (or as a single-point attachment...probably better). The sling
    must have MOLLE attachment straps aligned perpendicular to the
    direction of the belt itself, so they are aligned LATERALLY when the
    strap is over the shoulder.

I need this so that I can attached a MOLLE radio pouch to it at
    shoulder-level so as to raise the antenna above my body.

It's basically just a MOLLE belt with the straps aligned the other way around.

Any thoughts?

2. Thanks for the swift reply!

Yes and no. Well, more no than yes. I'm not really after a bandolier, rather a low-profile, padded strip of single-width MOLLE to go up and over the shoulder and attach to a belt, much like the strap on a messenger bag. It's purely to be a quick-release, high attachment point for a radio and probably a torch, to secure to a belt platform.

3. Have you tried phoning either Jayjay's in Brecon or Troopers in Collie? They are usually pretty good with creating niggley little things like this. I can recomend them too as I have had a couple of bits made and both Troopers and Jayjay's are good at what they do.

Jayjay's 01874 610036
    Troopers 01206 511 268

4. We'll make one for you :)

Plus we'll even name it after it's "designer" i.e. The Timheadford Molle Thingie!

(As mentioned... There are others that can do this too)

5. Haha, love the enthusiasm! To be honest, I'm not looking for a pricey, bespoke job, I just wondered whether such a thing existed as it would be useful. I thank you, though.

6. lol not a problem mate.... if you get stuck then give us a shout as this type of thing wouldn't cost much to create..

7. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks again.

8. Yes, exactly that. Good work. Now call the production office!

Probably with a quick-release clip onto the molle of the belt, if suspended points are not included.

9. Don't get excited but, out of interest, how much would you charge to make this?

10. :) Off the top of my head probably £30- £40 (not loads) Only issue is we are backed up at the moment doing some urgent "Herrick bits" so your looking at a week?

Let me know if we can help....

BB

11. Okay, if I can't find what I'm looking for, I'll be in touch.

Thanks,
    Tim

12. I'll boost Bilbo_boy's ego and vouch for his kit, just got something through from him, a cleverly designed little bit of kit and well made.

13. Cheers Boxy... I'd like to take all the credit but I guess it's a team effort, glad your happy mate.