Mole Valley District Council at it again!!!

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by cyclops246, May 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The same council that were taken to task by ARRSE over their decision to block planning permission for 36 Gray's Lane in Ashtead -a house purchased by SSAFA and adapted for use by family members visiting rehabilitating veterans at Headley Court are at it again!!
  2. Why are you getting so exercised over this? It's trivial in the extreme when compared to 36 Grays Lane and just in case you weren't aware, it was the council who gave planning permission for the SSAFA project not who objected. Save your energy for something worthwhile or take a reality check.
  3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Been done time after time on here. Under current UK planning Regs it is illegal to fly any flag from a pole outside your house unless it is a recognised National Flag. I believe that there are also restrictions on the height of said pole and the angle of protrusion!!!
  4. Thats not strictly true as they changed the rules so that EU flags can be flown, personally speaking, the Jolly Roger is probably a more accurate symbol for that bunch of thieves than a circle of stars.

An Englishmans home is his castle, I suggest local councils chase those thousands of pikeys flouting planning laws rather than bother with this minor matter.

May I suggest this gentleman flies the Flag of St George, if there's one national flag which will p*ss off your average stasi council, it is the flag of our homeland.
  5. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Posting a newspaper article about yourself?
  6. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

You old cynic you!!!! :D
  7. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

And from the article:
  8. So lets get it straight. Someone wants to fly a flag outside their house that clearly signals their association with an illegal and outlawed activity (Piracy).

Catch them and hang them from the yard-arm!
  9. I live, from time to time, in the Earl's Court area of London. There are many, I can see two from the window in this room, multi-coloured flags being flown that I am told are 'gay flags'. I see no reason to object to this even though I am 'against' homosexuality by reason of the obvious 'design problem', and I don't find men attractive - sheep another matter altogether - bah!.

I would rather see a thousand multi-coloured 'gay flags' than one frightful ring of stars representing, I am led to believe, the European Soviet Union and it's attendant unelected, unaccountable, irremovable commissars and assorted apparatchiks.

I am on the side of the poor fellow being hounded by a council that clearly has very little to do.

HMS Conqueror happily flew the skull and cross-bones having sunk the Belgrano, but I do not recall Portsmouth City Council or wherever making a song and dance about that.
  10. oldbaldy

1. Battlefield Tours

The wouldn't. It's home port was Faslane on the Clyde :wink:

11. Ah, but you're not allowing for peoples right to show their religious diversity in our multicultural community!

Pastafarians Unite! All Hail the FSM!