Moktada al-Sadr in Damascus

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/07/international/middleeast/07iraq.html

Mr. Sadr, whose Mahdi Army militia fought two uprisings against American and Iraqi forces in 2004, told Mr. Assad that relations between Syria and Iraq were good, SANA reported, but that "our mutual enemies Israel, the United States and Britain are trying to create a rift between the two countries."

In addition to his militia, Mr. Sadr controls a large bloc of seats in the newly elected Iraqi Parliament. He arrived in Damascus on Sunday night for a three-day visit and was given an official reception at the airport. He visited Tehran two weeks ago and told Iranian political leaders that he would come to Iran's aid if it was attacked.
I fancy how exactly mr.Sadr would help Iran. I doubt that it would be parliamentary dicussions and resolutions.

Should read:

KGB_resident said:

Mr. Sadr, whose Mahdi Army militia fought two uprisings against American and Iraqi forces in 2004 and got their arrses handed to them both times, told Mr. Assad that relations between Syria and Iraq were good, SANA reported, but that "our mutual enemies Israel, the United States and Britain are trying to create a rift between the two countries."

In addition to his militia, Mr. Sadr controls a large bloc of seats in the newly elected Iraqi Parliament. He arrived in Damascus on Sunday night for a three-day visit and was given an official reception at the airport. He visited Tehran two weeks ago and told Iranian political leaders that he would come to Iran's aid if it was attacked--and get their arrses handed to them again.
I fancy how exactly mr.Sadr would help Iran. I doubt that it would be parliamentary dicussions and resolutions.
Some people never learn. Go buy yourself a toothbrush, Mookie. :roll:

Yank_Lurker said:
Should read:

KGB_resident said:

Mr. Sadr, whose Mahdi Army militia fought two uprisings against American and Iraqi forces in 2004 and got their arrses handed to them both times, told Mr. Assad that relations between Syria and Iraq were good, SANA reported, but that "our mutual enemies Israel, the United States and Britain are trying to create a rift between the two countries."

In addition to his militia, Mr. Sadr controls a large bloc of seats in the newly elected Iraqi Parliament. He arrived in Damascus on Sunday night for a three-day visit and was given an official reception at the airport. He visited Tehran two weeks ago and told Iranian political leaders that he would come to Iran's aid if it was attacked--and get their arrses handed to them again.
Some people never learn. Go buy yourself a toothbrush, Mookie. :roll:
Good comment!

These so called 'warriors' are brave to plant IEDs, to use car-bombs. In any real cobat they would think rather how to save own arrses.

However, not all that simple.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...rq07.xml&sSheet=/news/2006/02/07/ixworld.html

Iraq's insurgency is receiving millions of dollars from smuggling oil through a network of supporters working in its oil industry, the government and American officials say.
By the way this bigot Sadr stays close to governmental structures.

Meshaan al-Jaburi, a Sunni member of parliament, had been charged with stealing millions of pounds intended for pipeline protection and funnelling a portion of the money to rebel groups.

His tribe, the Jaburis, are strong in Salahuddin province, through which the oil pipeline to Baiji runs. In 2004 he was asked to organise 17 battalions to protect the pipe.

A three-month investigation at the end of last year discovered he had recruited just a handful of commanders and paid them to appoint hundreds of soldiers who existed only on paper.
I suspect that they are battalions level 4 (virtual). I have heard that 200 battalions were created in Iraq. How many of them belong to level 4?

And at last I dare to make one more correction to NYT's article

Mr. Sadr, whose Mahdi Army militia fought two uprisings against American forces and Iraqi 'forces'...