Fayed burns the Queen's coat of arms for 'cynical' documentary | Mail Online Mohammed Al Fayed has burnt the royal crests that used to adorn the wall of Harrods as part of a TV documentary on the death of Princess Diana. Al Fayed also brands the Duke of Edinburgh a 'Nazi' in the film, which will not be shown in Britain because it is far too libellous, In the controversial scene Al Fayed is pictured standing in the grounds of his country estate near Oxted in Surrey. As the royal warrants burn in the background, he says: 'I am destroying these royal crests as a tribute to my son Dodi. 'I feel that he is looking down on this today. The royal crests of The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen Mother and the Prince of Wales were removed in 2000 The royal crests of The Queen, the Duke of Edinburgh, the Queen Mother and the Prince of Wales were removed in 2000 'There was a clear verdict of unlawful killing, so why has nobody been arrested? What is at the core of all this is racism. 'Powerful people in this country -- my country -- don't want to hear me talking about Prince Philip's Nazi background, but I have to, because it is 100 per cent true. 'They wouldn't accept me or my son, and when he fell in love with Diana, they murdered him.' Entitiled Unlawful killing, it was directed by actor Keith Allen, father of the pop singer Lily Allen. It has already provoked outrage for showing a sickening close-up photograph of Princess Diana just moments after the crash in Paris in 1997. It was shown at a private viewing at the Cannes Film Festival last month where it was roundly panned and described as 'ludicrous', 'cynical' and 'cruel.' In one scene the Queen is labelled a 'gangster in a tiara' while Prince Philip is described as a 'Fred West-style psychopath'. In 2000 Al Fayed removed the four royal coats of arms that had adorned the exterior of Harrods; those of the Queen, Prince Philip, Prince Charles and the Queen Mother. Hugo Vickers, the royal historian and author, told the Sunday Telegraph: 'It does seem vindictive and in very bad taste to burn the warrants but I suppose it's up to him. He was the shopkeeper.' Al Fayed funded the 2.4m production himself. It reportedly would have required 87 cuts before it could comply with British libel laws. It is due to be screened in public for the first time at the Galway Film Fleadh in Ireland on July 6. Distribution deals have also been secured in Russia, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg and Holland, and there is also interest in the US. An inquest in 2008 ruled that Diana and Dodi Fayed were unlawfully killed, but blamed their deaths on their driver, Henri Paul, and the paparazzi. Mr Vickers added: 'It is a great pity that Mohammed Fayed persists in peddling these myths when the inquiry into Diana's death has proved all the allegations were complete nonsense. 'It is rather sad. I had seriously hoped he had given up on this after the inquest's final verdict.'