Modular Masters Programme

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, Jun 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. You'd have to be proper sad to do one of these courses as a STAB. :D You'd have to be reasonably sad to do them at all.

The Mrs is doing the International Security Course. I'll happily forward any questions about it.
  3. msr

msr LE

A Masters, which the army pays for?

You'd be mad not to...
  4. Exactly! Get what you can, whilst it's there.
  5. Indeed if it is paid for by the system for God's sake use it. My civi MSc costs £7k!
  6. I'm doing it at the moment, happy to answer any questions and also happy to be paper sad getting an MBA paid for me - although I won't be the only one to point out the does not compute of doing a course in your spare time supplied by your spare time employers. If only I had more than quota of spare time!!!
  7. msr

msr LE

I seem to be perpetually in your academic wake :)

8. icecold

icecold Clanker Reviewer

Does anybody know if it is still possible to apply for this years courses? Just read the DIN and it states the initial applications needed to be in by 30 April 2009, but I noticed many of the courses don't actually start until later this year/early next year.
  9. msr

msr LE

Phone them up and ask.

10. Chances of getting an opportunity? TA Engineer LCpl Section Cdr - BSc and PGCE in the real world.
  11. msr

msr LE

Nil if you witter away on arrse. You have the phone number.

12. Mate, if you had seen my marks - being in my wake would not be a worry! Like you though I do adopt an early adopter policy - its certainly helped us through the rubbish that is MK2 etc....
  13. msr

msr LE

They are full, so you will go on a waiting list, but get your application in anyway.

14. msr

msr LE

"Quite a number" of people have enquired / booked themselves on this.

I am quite sure you do not this subtle hint: ;)

Especially as they are currently helping out one of the guys in a former unit of mine.

15. Pretty slim I think!

Those eligible to apply for the MMP are listed in priority order below:

DE Majors and above who have completed 1 or more SO2 appointments.
    ICSC(L) graduates and students.
    LE Majors and above.
    Warrant Officers and Senior Non-Commissioned Officers
    Territorial Army Majors.