MoD's summer secret!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MrPVRd, Sep 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

· Fascinating the things quietly placed in the House of Commons library over the summer recess. Pendennis was particularly taken with an illuminating document entitled 'The Ministry of Defence's Summary of Expenditure on External Assistance 2003-2004', which shows that the MoD spent some £34 million of taxpayers' money on 'management consultancy on business performance' in the last year alone. All those troops sent to Basra with the wrong kit will no doubt be reassured to learn their employer will not scrimp on evaluating just how well it is doing.
  2. We're a business now, that's nice to know, can I buy shares :roll:
  3. I wouldn't bother........we'll be bust within a week! :oops:
  4. Don't worry everyone now that they have their comfy chairs at head office it will all get better! :lol:

just keep repeating that, it will all get better, it will all get better :oops:
  5. You never know, it might go into profit if they keep downsizing..........

6. Damn, and I thought it was an advert for a truly bizarre line of DPM Lingerie. :D
  7. Steady, laddie. You may be just the kind of person DefSec Hewitt's going to be looking for........
  8. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

9. Management Consultancy, ie advice on how to improve ones management skills / technique.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't sending middle managers on a development course at RMAS for a week be a cheaper option.... the men get sorted from the boys and because it's been done in-house a stack of cash has been saved.

Of course if they feel this is a tad biased then maybe have this scheme on rotataion between Dartmouth and Cranwell too.
  10. Do you have to be wearing ruby slippers for that to work?