Mods deleting posts

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheSporting1st, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auscam anad I were reminiscing on another thread and got on to the subject of block thieves. Palace 91-93 tour we had a notorious one who was caught out on camera rifling the support coy block and I dropped enough hints for those serving there to remember his name and his subsequent tormentings after a CM found him not guilty as the videotape was time dated or something stupid like that.

and a mod saw it and was displeasured and LO, it was done that mod did removeth ofending thread for it pleased not his eyes.

Why? Why didn't you just delete my posts if you thought there were persec issues, which there really wasnt. The bloke only had security issues when he was in!!

Whats the policy here, give us mere mortals a clue.

2. Maybe the Mod that deleted the topic was the thief you were talking about.

3. Maybe it was to protect ARRSE from legal action. As the person was found innocent, it is libellous to call him a thief in respect of the alleged offences considered by the court. The site would be legally acvountable for if it permitted the promulgation of libel.

This thread contains the same description of the cleared individual as a thief, so I expect it will disappear soon.

4. It was a major incident during the tour and anybody who was there will reemeber it. As we all know, there are two forms of innocent - innocent or some legal technicality to allow the rat to wriggle through and I very much doubt the individual in question would want to revisit that odious period of his life.

So, regards the above, not enough there to justify removing on legal grounds I wouldn't have thought. Not only that, it was the tail end of a completely diferent thread - editing the posts would have been enough, not binnig a half interesting thread. Bit of overkill really!!

5. That's PC bull manure. The legal profession in this country are as bad as medieval christianity for making the "peasantry" afraid of their own shadows. FFS!

6. Innocent until PROVEN guilty, has been like that since the Magna Carta so NO not something new.

7. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Haha, see how long that lasts when you have to defend yourself/family/home against thieving chav pikeys. you will be banged up, they won't. Just because something is written down, doesn't mean it happens.

8. When you watch a video of some bloke rifling through lockers, a bloke with full facial shots and reg tatts in all the places he has them and have him found not guilty because the video wasn't time /dated, innocent until PROVEN guilty takes on a diferenrt meaning.

****** ********** - if you are on this site you will know you are a contembtible piece of vermin who stole from his mates and was caught doing so. Trying to transfer to the Kings from Reg, wtf were uoi thinking apart from the fact that a scouse regimment would probably welcome you with open arms!!

edited to ad: mine was one of the lockers you pillaged. you Cnt

9. cos all scousers are thieves eh .....nob :twisted:

10. calm down princess - it's the naafi!!

11. That a confession Scouse? :twisted:

12. It's actually presumed innocent until proven guilty (ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat)

Ah the old Scouser chestnut. Are all Geordies skint too? don't you just love sweeping generalisations? Who needs law!

13. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

For the millionth time.

Free speech and democracy doesn't apply to privately owned websites. You are free to join this site, but the site owners - and those they choose to appoint to help moderate it - can delete whatever they want, for a multitude of reasons, all explained in the site rules.

If you don't like it, the simple solution is to fuck off.

14. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Don't be an underpant.

You remind me of 'Chinooks dad'