Mods and Socks

I've been thinking, how do the Mods get through all the bellendery that they do without losing their rags and seriously abusing certain posters? Yeah, they have the ROP button and the ability to smite us from the face of the ARRSE but that is not really the same as telling someone, even on the internet, that you really, really think they are utter, utter cunts.

I have worked it out. The Mods use sockpuppets in order to let their innermost feelings known. So, the likes of Steven Seagull, badger_heed and Ooooh Matron etc are really Mod socks!

Soooooo, the game is to put each Mod with his particular, won't call them a sock, call them an Alter Ego.

I'll go first: Steven Seagull = Sixty

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Good luck with that one

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know it's the NAAFI but I sadly, and factually, have to cough to having had only one alternate account many moons ago that I used to take the piss out of Dashing_Chap when he was in full 'mater, pater and the estate' mode.

Edit: Not to go all 'Columbo' but there's one more thing: S_S is funny and I'm not.

Last edited:

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
mod socks? do they match the colour of your Vespa or something?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm Arte et Marte.
You mean you don't really have a huge estate, a string of polo ponies, the adoration of a dozen young women of questionable morals and live on the St Giles Estate in Lincoln?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
You're really on a roll aren't you ACAB? Or perhaps you like being a big fish in a little pond splashing about.
Hello Pot, this is Kettle; send colour. Over.

I've been thinking, how do the Mods get through all the bellendery that they do without losing their rags and seriously abusing certain posters? Yeah, they have the ROP button and the ability to smite us from the face of the ARRSE but that is not really the same as telling someone, even on the internet, that you really, really think they are utter, utter *****.

I have worked it out. The Mods use sockpuppets in order to let their innermost feelings known. So, the likes of Steven Seagull, badger_heed and Ooooh Matron etc are really Mod socks!

Soooooo, the game is to put each Mod with his particular, won't call them a sock, call them an Alter Ego.

I'll go first: Steven Seagull = Sixty
I've suggested before that some of the notable posters are actually Mod sockpuppets, however, I think it is the bellends, not the kewl kids, and that they use their socks to entrap normal posters into RoPable actions.
JohnG is Virobono.
Spider38 is Guns.
Earth is Sixty.
Cuamhain5 is Sixty.
Afghan Andy is Sixty.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
You're really on a roll aren't you ACAB? Or perhaps you like being a big fish in a little pond splashing about.
Eh?

I'm not a big fish in anything sweetheart. I'm just a poster. If the guys and girls like a particular thread it will take off. If it doesn't it will die a death and I will suffer the death of a thousand cuts by posters slating me. But, I don't really need to mention that aspect of posting to you, do I?

I'm Sixty/ViroBono/The_Duke and so is my wife.

L

lumpy2

ACAB's OK. He's a pussycat really, even though he sometimes gets carried away when he's been on the sauce, and refuses to acknowledge my PMs. He's probably going through the change.

I know it's the NAAFI but I sadly, and factually, have to cough to having had only one alternate account many moons ago that I used to take the piss out of Dashing_Chap when he was in full 'mater, pater and the estate' mode.

Edit: Not to go all 'Columbo' but there's one more thing: S_S is funny and I'm not.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Kick yourself to ******* death you whore
If you can't find a commercial publisher, I'll happily bankroll your first volume of verse.